Author Topic: best plastic manufacturers  (Read 2023 times)

Offline bilger69

• 99 Kx500
best plastic manufacturers
« on: November 27, 2011, 09:31:45 AM »
Lookin to do the 03 front fender and 2000 rear fender mod to my 99 k5. Just wondering what you guys think the best plastic manufacturing company is. UFO seems to lose its glossy shine really quick unless its because I used black for my front and rear. I'm gonna be switching to green now though. Acerbis seems to hold up good. Thanks for the info!!!!

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: best plastic manufacturers
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 10:03:04 AM »
I'm running the 03 250 front,and 2000 rear...both are UFO's.If you keep wax on them,they will stay glossy.You can use a buffer on them too if they get really dull...but you need to be careful or you will burn/melt the plastic.No more than 700-800rpm's with a mild compound and a foam pad....don't use a wool pad,wool creates far more heat!!

Foxx
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:33:11 AM by Foxx4Beaver »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline bilger69

• 99 Kx500
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 10:33:00 AM »
Thanks a lot Fox4beaver! UFO it is then its nice their decent priced too. I'll keep that in mind. I cant wait to put them on when I get em! I'll post a before and after picture. What do you use for the wax on the plastics? Thanks a lot for the reply!!!!

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 10:36:34 AM »
I just use plain ole Turtle wax for autos....it makes washing a little easier too.My pics are in the "Post pictures of your KX" thread if you wanna get an idea how yours will look.

Foxx 
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline royceymon@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 07:27:09 AM »
only use ufo green ,best plastics out there still got my orignal set on my 250f ( now my boys ) had them on since end of 07 done about 60hrs on them ,the graphics are quite worn on the rads though!!
as my graphic set costs ?165 i would only put on something i know will last ...........

Offline Tumbleweed

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 07:37:41 PM »
I have UFO and I use Lemon Pledge on the plastic to keep the shine up. Just spray and wipe.  :mrgreen: