Author Topic: Braided hoses  (Read 4966 times)

Offline andydunne

Braided hoses
« on: October 25, 2011, 06:31:32 AM »
Hey guys, I am thinking of getting a braided front brake hose to improve my brakes. Although my brakes aint bad, they could be better, the rear is excellent just the front is only ok. I was thinking of going with a Hel product?
Also I need new swing-arm bearings, the left bearing is shot especially.
So, I am wondering what other kx's or kdx's share the same above parts with my bike for easier sourcing.
Nay help or advice would be great. The bike is an 89 kx 125 btw :-)

Offline andydunne

Re: Braided hoses
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 06:51:17 AM »
Any help with this guys?^^^
Also i snapped my clutch cable the other day, the cable snapped just below the lever and is too short now. I think a new one is in order now, could someone get me a part number for this part. The bike is an 89 kx125.
Anyone help would be great!

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 04:28:13 PM »
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 08:27:29 PM »
Hey there  Andy,
  I know Service Honda sells to Europe but I'm sure its expensive.  I was hoping KwakMan or one of the chaps over on your side of the pond was gonna jump in.
   If he doesn't see your post, click on his or roycemon's username and send them a P.M.
Sometimes the guys will just be too busy to cruise the net but will be glad to help.
  What you can do to find part #'s or compatability is go to kawasaki.com and follow the links to your bike and the diagram for your part #. 
   Then I just go to another year or bike and look the # up and see if they match.   There is a way to see what part #'s fit any other year or bike but I can't for the life of me remember how its done online.   
    I remember being at the kawasaki.com site and clicking on either the part # or a tab that says something about notes... rats... maybe there's a thread with that info already... Let me snoop around and if I find it I'll get back to you.
   Tuck\o/

Ah-Ha !  By Sandblaster school of knowledge  :-D
According to the book, 94-01 will fit.
Here is how you can look up your own parts:

As an example, lets say you want to look up the front fender for a 1985 kx500.
1. Go to www.bikebandit.com
2. Under OEM Parts, Click on "Kawasaki"
3. Click on "Off-road"
4. Click on "1985"
5. Click on "kx500"
6. Click on "KX500(KX500B1)US"
7. Click on the tab that says "Body and Fenders"
8. Click on the picture that says "Fenders" under it.
9. Find the BikeBandit.com Part Number. In this case it is 804273.
10. Copy that number and paste it into the "Search bikebandit.com" box at the upper right side of the page, and hit the search button.
11. Scroll down until you see the "Fits Machine" link and click on it.
You will see that the front fender is identical to these:
1985 Kawasaki KX125(KX125D1)US
1985 Kawasaki KX250(KX250D1)US
1985 Kawasaki KX500(KX500B1)US

Repeat these basic steps for other parts.
As a side note, just because no other parts show up that are identical to the front fender does not mean that other parts won't fit.
A color, vendor, or style change will cause a different number to be used.
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:39:51 PM by Friar-Tuck »
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 05:13:31 AM »
Oh no!
That use to work but bike bandit has changed the format of their site and have for the most part eliminated their interchange info.
I now use the following:
http://www.powersportsplus.com/
or
http://www.ronayers.com/fiche
Sometimes munnracing.com for ktm and a few others.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline andydunne

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 01:00:14 AM »
That is great guys, thanks a mil, hopefully now I wont have to bother you with anymore annoying questions :-D

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 04:32:15 AM »
 Hey Andy,
 You don't have any reason to think your question was annoying.  I don't know how many times someone was asking (or asked ) something that helped me out. 
   And believe me, if you or your question were annoying the good old boys club would jump at the  chance
 to let us know... :-D
  All in good fun , of course!  :lol:
Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 02:29:28 PM »
I bought a RUSSELL front brake line, EDELBROCK owns them. It worked great on my KX500.
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline andydunne

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 04:19:31 AM »
Hey Andy,
 You don't have any reason to think your question was annoying.  I don't know how many times someone was asking (or asked ) something that helped me out. 
   And believe me, if you or your question were annoying the good old boys club would jump at the  chance
 to let us know... :-D
  All in good fun , of course!  :lol:
Tuck\o/
Your a more tolerant man than me so :lol:
Cool thanks :-)

Offline andydunne

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 04:23:47 AM »
I bought a RUSSELL front brake line, EDELBROCK owns them. It worked great on my KX500.
I had a look at there site, but ill try HEL first as they are only in the UK. Good to know it worked well on your bike so id be definitely be interested in going to a SS line, thanks man :-)

Offline ibpassngas

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 07:03:15 AM »
I am restoring same bike.  I recommed Venhill hoses.  The US distributor sells on ebay.  He has the specs for the 1989 KX125 (I sent them to him).  Venhill are the best I've ever used.  They have adjustable threaded banjos - perfect fit.

You can get them in any color combo and different lenghts if you want.

Offline andydunne

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 10:43:37 AM »
I am restoring same bike.  I recommed Venhill hoses.  The US distributor sells on ebay.  He has the specs for the 1989 KX125 (I sent them to him).  Venhill are the best I've ever used.  They have adjustable threaded banjos - perfect fit.

You can get them in any color combo and different lenghts if you want.
Thanks mate I will look into that product, although the main problem being postage, it is generally a killer from the US!