Author Topic: Help  (Read 3779 times)

Offline Sneakers

Help
« on: October 06, 2011, 05:36:33 PM »
Hey guys, I've got a 99 Kx500.? for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the bike. We had to hold it Wide open so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the exhaust so it would port the exhaust.
I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as since it doesnt have valves like his Honda. After running the bike and letting it suck in sand. The engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the air boot back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and Rode  it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises.
Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does modern 4 stroke hondas so he doesn't know much about Kx's.

-Sneakers

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 05:49:10 PM »
No way...... You ran sand blasting media through your top end :?
My guess is you need a complete top end rebuild and there's a good chance of needing a bottom end as well.
Pull the top end off and post some pics... Or, as the saying goes, it never happened.. :evil:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:14:17 PM by sandblaster »
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline KX500freak

• KX500 - Have a Wheelie good weekend
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 06:24:25 PM »
do i believe this ...nah ,prolly some sick joke to make people  :-o  ?

if not ,i still don,t believe this crap story..

pics or it didn,t happen   :lol:
Dutch Team Green 91-94-01 KX500

Offline alward25

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 07:17:04 PM »
Wow,  let me know what parts you need,  I will give you the extremely gullible discount.  So much for doing research before doing any mods.  I hope you don't trust anything else of value with your buddy. 
"Let there be light"

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 10:20:31 PM »
Hey guys, I've got a 99 Kx500.? for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the bike. We had to hold it Wide open so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the exhaust so it would port the exhaust.
I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as since it doesnt have valves like his Honda. After running the bike and letting it suck in sand. The engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the air boot back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and Rode  it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises.
Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does modern 4 stroke hondas so he doesn't know much about Kx's.

-Sneakers

Now I know why Honda 4 strokes flow so well !  :-o

Sneakers, here's a free tip for future knowledge in life. Kick your dumba$$ idiot buddy right square in the balls and  part out your now destroyed KX500 on Ebay. 

And thanks for the laugh !!!  :-D
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline weymouth399

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 11:13:25 PM »
Hey guys, I've got a 99 Kx500.? for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust.like gritty sand.  :-o

And how did that work for you. :?
Why is there a air filter then? If it would get more performance from running crap through it, they wouldn't have put it on in the first place.
I hope you are pulling our chain (we oil ours by the way) and people ain't that stupid.

Bob W
93 KX500 ice bike for sale
00 KX 500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt
04 Kx 500 ice bike
08 KLX 450 on/off
72CT90x2 for sale
76LB80Chappy
86FJ1200
89FJ1200

Motorrad

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 12:29:43 AM »
Perhapse you used the wrong Grit?

Like you accidently got 80 grit instead of the reccomended 120 grit?   :lol:

:lol:

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 05:01:23 AM »
ok,now I know that there's some really stupid people out there,but this goes WAY beyond stupid....I really hope this is a joke.
So I guess when I need an enema,I'll just pack my pipe and silencer with some quality beach sand....then fire up the ole KX with my ass backed up tight to the silencer...and open her up!!!....should get some quality "FLOW" after that!!!   
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 02:27:14 PM »
ok,now I know that there's some really stupid people out there,but this goes WAY beyond stupid....I really hope this is a joke.
So I guess when I need an enema,I'll just pack my pipe and silencer with some quality beach sand....then fire up the ole KX with my ass backed up tight to the silencer...and open her up!!!....should get some quality "FLOW" after that!!!   

Dude!  :lol:
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
If that is legitimate you'll never hear back. The dumbazz, Like sending a girl to the auto parts store for chrome plated muffler bearings & blinker fluid. Ah thanks for the laugh. & if you are serious, it's toast. 
if I only had a pair, I could actually ride this thing

& to the people I like  FYYFF

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 10:08:26 PM »
This is clearly some bored young dirt bike troll out for a laugh...  and I got one !  :-D
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 12:41:03 AM »
ive heard half a bag of beach is a good way to up your crankcase compression ratio, hope your mate doesn't ''offer'' to make sumbodys four stroke faster, tell him he can do the cam timing on my 500 if he likes, nice one... :? :evil: K.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline awak100

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 09:37:04 AM »
one small mistake and everybody get excited.  Now you can go to the 540 kit.  The guy had it all planned.

Offline allan1353

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 09:56:45 AM »
I'm gonna try not to flame this guy, but never ever, ever, ever run any kind of abrasive though any motor. that's like ridding with out a air filter. By sure of grace you don't. Do you?