Author Topic: Bad experience with Wossner pistons...  (Read 23867 times)

Motorrad

Re: Bad experience with Wossner pistons...
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 12:41:12 AM »
Use genuine parts !! Never had one of them fail........cheaper is never better.
G 8-)

Only forged goes in my bikes..  :|

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 03:27:50 AM »
Use genuine parts !! Never had one of them fail........cheaper is never better.
G 8-)

Only forged goes in my bikes..  :|

Stock Cast Piston:
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline CS18

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 10:47:49 PM »
Thought a bit of an update was due. 5 months later and I'm no further forward. After in excess of 15 phone calls, all following the same, "I'll have to contact so and so..." line there's no word of a replacement after being promised one months ago. It would be safe to assume they have no intention of sending one.

On a side note, while I recognise this could've happened to any piston, it's a bit disappointing that it happened after less than 5 hours and then to be faced with absolutely dismal customer service.  A friend of mine had the same issue with a PROX piston. They replaced the piston and replated the cylinder FOC! Also, I recently had a PROX valve spring break on one of their steel inlet valve kits shortly after being put in. I rang Prox about the problem, sent back the old spring and valve and they sent out a new kit the next day, as well as giving me a half price piston. That, in my opinion, is how customer service should be. Suffice to say I will never entertain a Wossner product again...

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 01:16:21 AM »
I surer hope this Tecnium thing looks up soon. no reply on weight yet....K.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline mxaniac

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 03:31:15 PM »
It's unfortunate they don't try harder to maintain a positive image.  I ran many a Wossner piston in my sons 05 CR125 and my 05 CR250 and they were fantastic.

Offline cobbs

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 06:26:53 AM »
you guys need to stop giving cast pistons a bad rap they are pleanty strong for any type of motor your going to build the only time I would ever require or need a forged piston is if I'm running nitrous and I know 99% of all k5s are not so I guess I don't see eye to eye with you guys on the cast vs forged debate personally I think cast pistons are much better if you keep good tolerances on everything they will most certainly out last an expanding and contracting forged piston the reason why so many people have cast failures is because they ride the s**t out of their bikes and the don't maintain them and keep riding them till they fail then blame it on the piston that's called a defective owner I've NEVER seen a cast piston fail when the bike was maintained properly. That being said I just had my bike replated to freshen it up and I  ordered a pro x with it and they sent a wossner I wasn't very happy but I threw it in and it works fine but not necessary so I guess to make a forged piston worth using I guess I'm going to have to throw the boondocker nitrous kit on it that I have sitting around

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 07:17:28 AM »
I think cast pistons are great!!!....you can get a 15-20 foot spread when you shoot a 30.06 through em from 75 yards!!!....won't see that with a forged. :-D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 07:19:12 AM by Foxx4Beaver »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline cobbs

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 08:11:12 AM »
make fun of forged pistons all you want I don't think some of you understand metallurgy at all so I guess you wouldn't understand why cast pistons are better for non nitrous motors, just because forged pistons expand opposed to cracking or breaking doesn't make them better I've seen SEROIUS damage happen due to forged pistons expanding, cast have no expansion or contraction so you can run tighter tolerances which means the motor has less stress and slop and less stress and slop means longer engine life peroid.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 08:21:13 AM »
read the "wiseco blues" thread....ALL the proof ANYONE needs is all right on this site....just have to take some time and search.Some guys like/swear by cast,and I say good for you,and best of luck to ya...I'll never run em in any of my toys!!!

Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline cobbs

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 08:46:03 AM »
well I see your comment says "if ya run cast you come in last" I'll race you :-D anytime I guarantee I don't come in last  :evil: I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I  don't think any of you took classes on metallurgy and how metals react to certain conditions so like I said I doubt you would know so I don't blame you and I've read all those threads and they don't prove anything there are so many variables when a piston fails 90% of the time it had nothing to do with the piston like a bad crank, bad fuel, bad filter, wrong jetting etc and none of those things have anything to do with the pistons quality or lack of quality so if you ever want to put my bike against yours I'm down (but for the time being I'm sort of a hypocrite cause I still have the wossner but at least I can try the nitrous with it) I'll show you boys what cast can do he'll I'll make my own comment "if you run cast your whoopin ass"  :-P

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 09:23:57 AM »
Oh good God man...let it go,seriously,or seek professional help.so you like cast...whoopi.That's why I said in my last post that some guys do.You're never gonna convince the the forged guys any different...in fact...you'd have better luck standing in the middle of a hurricane,pullin out your d**k,and pissin DIRECTLY into the wind,and not get any on you,then you will trying to convince any of the guys that swear by forged.

Seriously....life is way too short to let yourself get all worked up over something so stupid,that you'll never change....have a wonderful day,sir  8-)

To the Administrators..(Motorrad)....I apoligize for stirring up another cast vs forged....I was just making a friendly joke....and well,you see where that went...lol
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:11:21 AM by Foxx4Beaver »

Offline mxaniac

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 10:27:16 AM »
I just want to know why the professed metallurgist hasn't won a nobel prize for having a non expanding cast piston.

Offline alward25

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 10:57:14 AM »
I love seeing to pot stirred.  Here is another one, Louie Chevrolet, the man that help start the company that still carries his name, left because of difference of opinion on design.  Later, went on to race for Ford.  Even Mr. Chevrolet knew that Fords were better race cars.  I love telling my Chevy buddies that little historical fact.  You can make anything faster, did you see that guy that used leaf blowers to "supercharge" his Corvette, too funny.

What was this forum about?????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqBy1R7IMGE&list=WLC353C36506CDA7E2&index=20&feature=plpp_video

Super sweet vid

alex
"Let there be light"

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 11:12:50 AM »
holy s**t!!...I could'nt imagine rippin down that trail like that on a mountain bike....good vid!!

Offline cobbs

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 11:40:15 AM »
wow buddy no need to take what i said negatively its just a friendly debate, what am a not allowed to share what i think and know on the subject because i dont agree with you I know you guys are always sharing your opinion on the subject but when i do i need to "seek professional help" wow thats not nice :cry: you dont need to take everything so personal if you couldn't tell that it was all friendly joking by all the sarcastic yellow faces then i guess you have no sense humor which is a bummer. And just so you know i respect everyone on this site, hell you have given me and others lots of good advice and i appreciate it 100% we should all be here for the benefit of each other, and just so you know i wasn't "all worked up" i was having some friendly fun being a smart ass because of your smart ass comment if you can do it why cant I ? Also fyi i dont use little funny yellow faces when im being serious so if you see them just know its not a serious conversation, so sorry if you took it the wrong way and you have yourself a wonderful day too. P.S    I have pissed into the wind with great success! see that was a joke :wink: