Author Topic: do these bikes belong to anyone here?  (Read 2533 times)

Offline BronkoRob

do these bikes belong to anyone here?
« on: September 10, 2011, 02:45:14 AM »
a friend of mine who raced vegas to reno this year saw these 2 kx500s near the contingency area.  do these bikes belong to a member here?  id like to hear how you did and have a few questions.
thanks

Offline Got Beer

Re: do these bikes belong to anyone here?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 07:53:42 AM »
Thanks for posting up. I saw those at contingency also, but didn't have my camera with me. I have the same questions. I'm considering running V2R next year. Would love to hear more about your bikes, they looked great. I wished I had spent more time admiring the bikes, but we were in a rush to get the Jeep Speed registered.

#518 is a team in the Over 30 Expert class. #390 is a team in the Open Amateur class.

According to the race results, looks like neither team finished. Both teams from the Reno area. What happened? Mechanical? Crash? If you are on here, post up. Would like to hear your story.

Offline BronkoRob

Re: do these bikes belong to anyone here?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 09:26:21 AM »
well i also posted these pics on another site, no body claimed them yet.  somebody piped in and said they know of the riders.  and yes neither finished, he said he thinks 518 blew up, i dont know more than that, and 390 lost a peg.  somehow the 2 linked up and they pulled a peg off of 518, put it on 390 but for whatever reason still was not able to finish...bummer.