Author Topic: In Search of a New Triple Clamp  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Big Yac

In Search of a New Triple Clamp
« on: June 13, 2011, 05:58:40 AM »
My triple clamp is tweaked so now I am looking for a new one.  Who makes them and which company is best?  The only ones I have found are Emig Racing and BRP.  Any opinions on these or any other brands?  Thanks. 

Offline delphipro5

Re: In Search of a New Triple Clamp
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 07:47:39 AM »
The BRP ones are sweet! And the company is great to deal with. If you send them your lower clamp with stem, they will press out the stem, press it into the new brp lower, and put the lower seal and bearing on for you! The turn around is lightning quick too! At least it was for me.

They work side by side with scotts too! best names in the biz.

Offline alward25

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 01:27:24 PM »
I have both and the Emig are more stout looking.  Both are great sets,  comes down to money.  I might sell my emig set soon since I am going to upgrade to KX450 suspension.
"Let there be light"

Motorrad

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 05:17:27 PM »
I have both and the Emig are more stout looking.  Both are great sets,  comes down to money.  I might sell my emig set soon since I am going to upgrade to KX450 suspension.

Copy Cat..    LOL....   I knew you couldnt resist...

I have EMIG clamps on my KTM... NICE PIECE...     If I was going to clamp somthing else.. Id look to MR Gary Emig first...      Love it that you call. and he answers the phone...   Is willing to do custom stuff. (was going to do me a set of Kx500 clamps that took 450 forks)... ended up just having him make a stem to use the 450 clamps (money shortage)