Author Topic: close shave chain snaped  (Read 4280 times)

Offline sniper1

Re: close shave chain snaped
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 10:39:36 AM »
         I don't really know for sure and I have no stake in krause so it really doesn't matter to me I was just relaying the information I have and a long history using their products on my street bikes too I like the sidewinder and yes they are expensive but I don't like buying things over again and never had to buy another for the bikes I have had good luck :)
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.

Offline awak100

Re: close shave chain snaped
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 10:11:31 AM »
I just use the stock did chain, its there standard chain.  Its light and works well.  I also run skat trac 14 paddle dominater tires for hillclimbing.  Never have broke a chain.  Buuuut I do install a new one every few years.  Its light not heavy light these o-ring chains.  Its called maintenance.  There pretty steep hills, and when I jump going up I hold it full throttle.  There tuff enough