Author Topic: reasons to NOT sell a kx5  (Read 6623 times)

Offline gwcrim

• http://profiles.yahoo.com/gwcrim
Re: reasons to NOT sell a kx5
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 12:39:36 PM »
Would you sell a Hemi Cuda?  A 427 Tri Power Vette?  Get the idea?
~Crim~
You raise the blade
You make the change
You rearrange me 'til I'm sane

Offline slow600

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 12:48:36 PM »
haha ive solds severals things i regretted later, i get the hint. keep em coming

Offline sniper1

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 01:39:38 PM »
The guy is wrong, you cannot buy a new cr500 from honda...they won't build it for you either.  The motors are built and other parts but as whole, it doesn't exist.

It seemed hard to believe but I bought into the guys comment that the cash talks I should have known not to believe everything I read but some part of me wanted to believe it :)
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.

Offline 454SS

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 02:34:47 PM »
I wouldn't think if the cr5 was still made, it would still be in a steel frame. 

Offline RoostDaddy

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 02:36:01 PM »
The guy is wrong, you cannot buy a new cr500 from honda...they won't build it for you either.  The motors are built and other parts but as whole, it doesn't exist.
Delphi is correct, Service Honda/Kawasaki will sell you a new updated chassis 500. 
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.

Offline Enginerd

• Big Bore Addict!
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 03:14:50 PM »
...the key to total happiness with a 500 2 stroke is maturely knowing exactly when to wack the throttle and when to NOT whack the throttle...  :-o
QUOTED FOR TRUTH! 

Well said, sir!

Offline 454SS

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 03:27:54 PM »
Delphi is correct, Service Honda/Kawasaki will sell you a new updated chassis 500. 
C'mon it's a dealership...not the factory.  And it's not an updated 500 chassis'..they are built from an existing 4stroke frame.
I'll also say that the sh honda's are allegedly not perfect it seems...some of the "other" 500 2stroke sites will point it out in text and pictures.  From what I've seen\read, honda wouldn't build it that way. 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:32:03 PM by 454SS »

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 11:19:40 PM »
any other dirtbike (bar maybe cr5) will feel gutless afta the 5 and i would feel cheated if i have to ride anything else.they can be a handful but there only as fast as you twist em....
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline RoostDaddy

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 12:10:39 AM »
C'mon it's a dealership...not the factory.  And it's not an updated 500 chassis'..they are built from an existing 4stroke frame.
I'll also say that the sh honda's are allegedly not perfect it seems...some of the "other" 500 2stroke sites will point it out in text and pictures.  From what I've seen\read, honda wouldn't build it that way. 
Not gonna thread jack, but he never said Factory and a newer 4stroke frame is more updated than the old slug 500 steelie.
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.

Offline 454SS

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 12:35:15 AM »
You're right delphi was correct about the sh connection but it's still not a 500 chassis....I think it's their 5th gen frame now so that's an existing 4stroke frame with the downtube and mounting points moved.  I think we all know about sh but it isn't honda building it and delphi wan't even referring to the video.  I'll agree that the alu frame with the cr500 is better than the steelie.

Offline sniper1

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2011, 12:53:38 AM »
          That's what I couldn't figure out with the video it looks like the old steel frame so I thought they really went to honda and bought a 2010 cr 500 after reading the comment that you could do that and it's not a 500af bike going by the frame on the bike it sure looks modern though.

The angle of the silencer and the fenders look updated and it's not a af bike due to steel frame so I fell for the gag sorry bout that.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:56:31 AM by sniper1 »
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.

Offline 454SS

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2011, 02:08:16 AM »
No big deal...I figure the cr250 would be back before a 500...now if you see a honda 250 2stroke come back, there's a chance a 500 will.

Offline sniper1

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2011, 05:54:12 AM »
       I agree that would make more sense from the manufacturers bottom line and as we all know that is all it's about and the 250 would be the best seller but the consumer controls what they make in the end and if nobody bought their 8k 4 strokes they would have to start putting money into 2 strokes again..

I should add that my reasons never to sell my k5 again is the fact I can't get this kind of rush any other way besides combat which is a different kind of rush and not really a good kind of rush but a rush all the same.

The fact I can jump on the bike anytime I want and rip accross a field or scream down the street with arm stretching acceleration is the best and no other bike gives that kind of feeling.

No hill to big no dune can slow you down on the k5 and it doesn't look like anymore of these will be made so at least tuck it away in your shed or garage for the money you would get for it now it's not worth getting rid of it trust me I sold my 88 that I bought new and my 01 that I bought new it was the worst mistake I ever made and it was to make cry baby girls happy because they couldn't ride.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 06:06:46 AM by sniper1 »