Author Topic: First batch of parts just came in :)  (Read 25682 times)

Offline 1989kawasaki

• my 89 cr250
    • youtube
Re: First batch of parts just came in :)
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2011, 12:03:36 PM »
that clevis is sick!! now i want one. i wonder if it would fit my bike
bikes

1977 RD400
1989 CR250
1988 CR500
1978 Z50
2009 Harley super glide custom

Offline sniper1

« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2011, 12:12:25 PM »
       I got them in black and I called them to find out that the KX250 clevis and spring are the same as the KX500

http://www.fasstco.com/moto/rearbrakereturnspring

Brake clevis KX250

http://www.fasstco.com/moto/rearbrakeclevis

No more sloppy brake pedal and I can adjust the tension on my brake pedal on how fast or how far it returns it's a nice piece and pretty cheap for the value.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:15:59 PM by sniper1 »
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.

Offline 1989kawasaki

• my 89 cr250
    • youtube
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2011, 12:45:57 PM »
ill have to check into it. but as my brake pedal is now , its all sloppy cause the hole is rounded out and so is the clevis. and the pedal bolt is missing cause someone before me must have stripped out the bolt hole, so ill have to put a threaded insert in. and i might have to get a new brake pedal but thats not a priority now. suspension is what im saving for.......
bikes

1977 RD400
1989 CR250
1988 CR500
1978 Z50

Offline sniper1

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2011, 02:20:48 PM »
         Suspension will serve you quite well as long as the bike is stopping good you will be much happier with your money into suspension and the track will not beat you up anymore once you get that taken care of.

Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.

Offline sniper1

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2011, 06:20:37 PM »
        I'll tell you what these tools made taking links out of the chain almost too easy and then pressing the master on was a breeze not to mention lining everything up I used the guide then the marks and also measured with digital calipers to make sure.

Motorrad

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2011, 06:26:10 PM »
Wish I knew about that Clevis before I spent as much time as I did making mine up to my standards...

Offline sniper1

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2011, 03:25:28 AM »
         It was the cheapest mod I've done that gave such a huge results and the spring return setup was only $19.95 I can't believe that with what these places usually charge for everything.

No more annoying spring between the pedal and case no more movement it's very very solid I'm very happy with this money spent and the clevis was $40 but again well worth the end result now I have a very short brake movement on the pedal it's a nice piece of engineering.

With these EBC pads and the ASV levers, galfer stainless line and rebuilding the caliper I have the brakes I always wanted on my 500 I'm very impressed going from having to push down hard on the pedal and the bike stopping like crap to barely applying pressure to the pedal no kidding around here I call them as I see them.

I  can't wait to do the front :) you can see the spring return and the cup in this picture

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2011, 04:07:22 AM »
WOW! hey snipe I have not been looking at this thread for a while! holy gonads your getting some interesting stuff on that thing! Giving me a run for the $$! :lol: I am most likeley going to wait for winter to do the brakes. got a LOT of ideas. That Clevis setup is THE WAY TO GO! Gotta get myself one. How do you like the fit of the gaff S.S. lines?
 What do you have planned for the front brake? Does the new top cap for the front res. do anything beside look sick? Gonna have to get a new brake lever for mine too, just to match the renthal intellilever on the clutch side  :roll:

:? I have a motion pro th. cable and the boot that came on it worked fine for me as far as going over the brass fitting on the top of carb.  :?
Best pic I could find of it.

And that little clip you spoke of, I think it crazy to toss it! :|  I had no trouble getting it into mine, BUT if you push the cable fitting all the way down into the fitting on the carb. it makes it impossible to get the clip in the groove! you have to pull it up till you can see the groove thru the little slit in the carb. fitting(1-2mm) then push your clip on with the broad side of a flat blade screwdriver and it should pop right in. :-D
One thing about the M. Pro cable is it seems a bit short to me? I'd like a little more play on it's routing.

I LOVE THIS SITE!!! :lol: NO BETTER PLACE TO BOUNCE IDEAS BACK AND FORTH   :wink: INFORMATION GALORE :wink: NO SECRETS! GOTTA LOVE IT!

Offline sniper1

« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2011, 05:18:58 AM »
      Thanks delphi and that is one heck of a project you have going on :) the rear galfter line fit perfect but the front they sent me was the wrong line instead of being nearly flat like it should they sent me one that had a 90 degree bend in it no way to mount it without it hanging off the back of the caliper unsupported not a good idea so I ordered another one and am still waiting on it but I'm going to rebuild the front caliper I have all the parts and new EBC MX pads all new rubber parts and springs then hook it up to the ASV lever and if it's half as good as the rear now I'll be happy.

The billet master cover just looks good and fits real nice but other than that it's mostly cosmetic from what I can tell :)

OEM fibers are here and the gasket just waiting on the hinson basket :)

I hated that little clip by the way it was almost responsible for a mass homocide lol so I went out and smacked one of the steer lol nah just kidding.

The motion pro cables are a little short for my liking too but I turn the bars and nothing binds or pulls just a couple inches shorter than OEM.

I have all the parts to rebuild my water pump too from bearings to seals and gasket but I'm not looking forward to taking that job on it looks a tad intimidating lol.

Nice looking carb work too by the way :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 05:23:33 AM by sniper1 »

Offline 1989kawasaki

• my 89 cr250
    • youtube
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2011, 05:25:30 AM »
sweet stuff!! doing the water pump is a piece of cake. just be careful (as always)
bikes

1977 RD400
1989 CR250
1988 CR500
1978 Z50

Motorrad

« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2011, 05:33:33 AM »
sweet stuff!! doing the water pump is a piece of cake. just be careful (as always)

They are a tight fit..   MUST MUST use the freeze and heat method

Offline 1989kawasaki

• my 89 cr250
    • youtube
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2011, 05:37:24 AM »
oh, my bearings came out with a few light taps
bikes

1977 RD400
1989 CR250
1988 CR500
1978 Z50

Offline sniper1

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2011, 05:53:54 AM »
       Thanks guys and I ordered everything that went with the pump from bikebandit so on the schematic I just went nuts and got everything and figured I would ask you guys if I got jammed up later lol.

Motorrad

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2011, 06:45:46 AM »
       Thanks guys and I ordered everything that went with the pump from bikebandit so on the schematic I just went nuts and got everything and figured I would ask you guys if I got jammed up later lol.

Every single Kx I have put WP bearings into was TIGHT TIGHT..

Freeze the bearings.
Heat the case..
Use a press.

Put both bearings in the case

then heat the case with the bearings in it, freeze the WP shaft,   Install shaft..

let cool, grease WP seal, install seal..

Offline sniper1

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2011, 08:26:40 AM »
          Well sounds fairly simple and I've got a press so no problemo :) thanks for the info guys it's always nice to have those who have already done standing behind me while I dothis stuff :) feels like a verizon commercial all this support.