Author Topic: MONUMENT TO THE 2-STROKE, PART 2 - FINAL ASSEMBLY  (Read 24578 times)

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: MONUMENT TO THE 2-STROKE, PART 2 - FINAL ASSEMBLY
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2011, 10:37:50 AM »
Hey D-Pro 5,
     No Harm No Foul,  That's why most of us are here!
 I think most of the guys will concur that the float level will defiantly be a factor in your jetting.  It won't take long to get it sorted out.   
     I found the Team Green  chart lots of guys have started out with for some reference.   
 http://www.teamgreennews.ca/pdf/KX_Tech_Jetting.pdf   

Tuck\o/

"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline RoostDaddy

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 12:31:34 AM »
Yea i'm thinking misprint.  There is NO way that engine will start and idle clean with an 85 pilot !   :-o

I run a 55 in the spring and fall, and a 52 in the hot summer.  Correct pilot selection is critical with the big K5 being starting friendly.
Polar is probably correct with the Pilots that would work for you too.  You will probably find that the Main will need leaned out a size or two.  These guys are setting you up a little fat, probably so you are on the safer side of things. 
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2011, 08:01:25 AM »
Thought you might like these shots. The venting is not really finished correctly... ran out of hose! They need to be longer, only the blue one makes it to the bottom and has it's one way. I know this is complete overkill but I think it looks slick! like im takin it to the dragstrip every weekend or something! I dreamed this all up over the winter and I have to admit... The snow may have just been getting to my head or something! :lol:
Does look cool though, with the little vent filters and stuff.

This is what they all should do! I'll fix it later... :roll:

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2011, 07:57:16 AM »
WoW I thought some one would respond saying how rediculous that looks!  :lol: Not sure if im gonna keep it like this... like I said it's just something I was cooking in my head in the dead of winter. :-) not really needed! It's not like I'm gonna be doing triple backflips on this thing!
Not intentionally anyway!! :lol: :-D

It's too bad for new members that we are under cyber attack! Anything we can do to help?? Hold down the fort!

Offline kxpegger

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2011, 02:53:52 PM »
What is that in the last picture? Chain oiler? Where does the oil come from?
North Las Vegas

"05" RMZ450, "08" KX500AF "11" KTM 450SX-F "12" KTM 250SX "15" KTM450SX-F

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2011, 11:53:14 PM »
WoW I thought some one would respond saying how rediculous that looks!  :lol: Not sure if im gonna keep it like this... like I said it's just something I was cooking in my head in the dead of winter. :-) not really needed! It's not like I'm gonna be doing triple backflips on this thing!
Not intentionally anyway!! :lol: :-D

It's too bad for new members that we are under cyber attack! Anything we can do to help?? Hold down the fort!

You are going to install a lower chain roller I hope ?     
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2011, 06:20:02 AM »

Pegger,
 I think that is the crankcase vent with a check valve vent.    I'll try to find the website.   It is a good Idea.
     Lets the pressure out and keeps any water or dirt from working its way back in your engine.
           Tuck\o/

I knew I'd seen them somewhere...
http://www.kevinscycleracing.com/intakeandcarburetor.htm
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 06:30:47 AM by Friar-Tuck »

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2011, 06:31:26 AM »

Pegger,
 I think that is the crankcase vent with a check valve vent.    I'll try to find the website.   It is a good Idea.
     Lets the pressure out and keeps any water or dirt from working its way back in your engine.
           Tuck\o/

No, it's the purge valve for the Nitrous..  :evil:
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2011, 12:59:34 PM »

Pegger,
           Tuck\o/

I knew I'd seen them somewhere...
http://www.kevinscycleracing.com/intakeandcarburetor.htm

Yup Yup, That is where I got the one-ways and the carb vent hose. Thats a one way on the carb bowl overflow. When it's done they will all hang down with the one-ways on them. And the little blue things are vent filters, Stainless mesh. The clear blue hose is the crank vent, Which will also be routed up to a filter. But no one-way on that. Kevins cycle is right in Mass. so it's quick delivery on parts. he's got a lot of stuff too!

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2011, 01:15:20 PM »
  I got to hand it to you Dpro,
   It will sure be pretty when she's done!   There are quite a few guys who have outstanding machines on the site.

I knew I wouldn't be able to have an AC Cobra, GT 500, Hemi-Cuda or the like with one of those Nelson Racing engines.
http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/engines/chevy.html  (you should check out the You tube videos)

But I knew I could have that kind of a DirtBike! 

Tuck\o/

I shall not covet my neighbors stuff...I shall not covet my neighbors stuff.... :lol:

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2011, 01:22:36 PM »
Finally got the sub-frame and airbox on.

Hit a little snag with the kickstand... The top bolt they supply with the stand is too short (25mm) and it ate the first 2 threads out of the weld nut when I tourqed it down... So If you have one of these stands get a 30mm bolt for the top so this does NOT happen. :| I also made my own sleeve that is longer than the supplied one from pro-moto, so now it goes all the way thru both frame ears and the sub-frame. I also drilled the top hole on the stand to accept the sleeve. I cut some 10mm O.D. x 1mm Wall- tubing, to 15mm length for the sleeve. (All Stainless) So now it goes all the way thru the stand, Frame, and sub-frame. To position everything perfect, and take the shear strain off the bolt and weld nut. Like it should! :wink: I also cut a bolt to 33mm and put a thin backing nut on, for extra insurance.

If anyone has one of these stands, I have a bunch extra hdw and correct size tubing all in S.S. If you want me to make a set up to get it right. All you would need to do is drill out the top hole to 10mm(25/64ths) on a drill press and I'd make the hdw. kit. it really is the way it SHOULD be done!
I will post picks of the whole setup later, so you can see what it is im doing here. :wink:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 01:25:04 PM by delphipro5 »

Offline sniper1

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2011, 02:19:14 PM »
       I should have mentioned that the bolts they send with the pro moto kickstand are too short but if you ask them for the longer bolts they will send them out to you for $4 plus shipping.

Looks real nice delphi and if you are in the market for rollers the TM designs rollers are real nice and at a great price.

They roll much smoother than the stock ones and the chain rides perfectly on the rollers just a thought if you haven't bought rollers yet.

http://www.tmdesignworks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_195_166&products_id=324
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:20:55 PM by sniper1 »
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2011, 05:32:50 AM »
Well, well, well  :x  NO SPARK! NOTHING! I am having trouble with my ign. I think my CDI is toast! Got it all together and checked the ground continuity and all the wires for breaks and shorts. All looks fine. :?  Took the plug out and laid it on the the head, cranked er' over a few times good and nothing! :? Checked it over again, shut off the lights  :lol: Cranked er'...NOTHING... What to do.... $325 bucks for new parts :roll: oh boy here we go- maybe I should just buy the MZB Ign. that alwards got and stop wasting my time here!

?????????????????????????????????? :????????????????????????????????

Offline alward25

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2011, 05:56:36 AM »
Sounds good to me!!   I have a CDI, coil, stator I could send for troubleshooting.  I am not using them.  Or we could compare ohm's.  Let me know what I can do to help.
"Let there be light"

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2011, 07:34:51 AM »
I see the coil has a good chassis ground, how about the engine case to frame ? Remember the stator is internally grounded via the crankcase....
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1