Author Topic: 500 pipe  (Read 2122 times)

Offline runabout

500 pipe
« on: April 24, 2011, 12:31:25 PM »
I was wondering if people had a preference...
I have a procircut and a dyno port.. opinions?

Offline kelcrist

Re: 500 pipe
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 02:24:34 AM »
i have a bunch of pipes i have run off and on over the last couple of years.   pro circuit, fmf woods, fmf desert and stock. to be quite honest  i didnt feel a huge difference between any of them.    id say the woods pipe and the stock pipe gave a bit more low end power while the pro circuit and the desert pipe seemed to rev a bit more.   i ride with 3 other 500s and when we drag race none of us has a clear advantage.   i have put my stock silencer on one of my bikes cuz the fmf fell apart inside.    ill let ya know how that turns out.

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 09:32:56 PM »
if your silencer died it probably needed repacking,the heat and vibration do them no good when they've blown out the packing..hth.K.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline runabout

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 12:47:51 PM »
i have a bunch of pipes i have run off and on over the last couple of years.   pro circuit, fmf woods, fmf desert and stock. to be quite honest  i didnt feel a huge difference between any of them.    id say the woods pipe and the stock pipe gave a bit more low end power while the pro circuit and the desert pipe seemed to rev a bit more.   i ride with 3 other 500s and when we drag race none of us has a clear advantage.   i have put my stock silencer on one of my bikes cuz the fmf fell apart inside.    ill let ya know how that turns out.
Thanks for the reply.. I have a to try them both (the ones that I have)... I will post the outcome
Regards Runabout