Author Topic: KX60 HELP! In need of rebuild!  (Read 219783 times)

Offline chris-mets

Re: KX60 HELP! In need of rebuild!
« Reply #495 on: September 16, 2011, 03:25:58 AM »
Sorry for posting so many things but Im thinking why this jetting issue is occuring and how they are different...Im starting to think the carb on my bike isnt a 2000...My bike Im 100% sure is a 2000 from the vin number but look at this parts diagram of a 2000 kx60 carb....The main jets that Tuck sent me look like these in the diagram...hmmmm

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2000-kawasaki-kx60-kx60b16-us/o/m3886#sch61218
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #496 on: September 16, 2011, 08:24:07 AM »
Chris,
According to my sources that main jet fits the 1985 thru 2002 KX60........maybe this is the reason Tuck has had difficulty aquiring the proper jets. Hope this helps.
DoldGuy
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #497 on: September 16, 2011, 09:05:16 AM »
Dag Nab-it!  I hate when that happens... the broken jet and the halicinations...  Neither one were very good...
     Thanks for jumping in Doug,  Are you saying the HEX jet is right or it should br the ROUND one?
 Sorry for more problems Chris...  You can probably get the broken jet out of the emulsion tube with a small easy out.    The problem is the threads may be messed up...
    I have a few of those tubes I can send out and I'll look for a standard keihin main to replace the broken one...

I should have double checked the carb when I had it.  If you look on the side of the carb body there should be some letters and numbers.   That may tell us what carb may have been placed on your bike..

Let me get the emulsion tube and some mains headed that way and start again.
    I got another Idea, but I don't know if I can swing it...
  Take care of yourself and take a break on the bikes until the blood stuff gets stabilized...
Drain the fuel and carbs if you can and take it easy for awhile. 
  I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
  Tuck\o/ 
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #498 on: September 16, 2011, 10:49:42 AM »
Tuck,
Check this link:

http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jet_kit_dirt/kawasaki_060_KX60.htm

Hope it answers some questions,
DoldGuy
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #499 on: September 16, 2011, 11:12:30 AM »
Hey again,

Tuck, I will try to get the other half of the main out of the emulsion tube but its gonna be hard...I think i should just send my carb out to you with all the jets you sent me including some money...then you can see what is meant for the carb...it will be slower if I try...theres definetely something were missing here...And also Tuck I have a question...When youput the kx engine back together how did you know where to put the stator on what lines? I think thats the reason why it has less power...Also The kx wasnt bogging anymore but its revving high...like when you start the bike and you rev it, it like catches on a high rpm then never goes back down all the way...its not the throttle cable...Thanks.

CHris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #500 on: September 16, 2011, 01:36:49 PM »
    Hey Guy's,
 Thanks Doug, However that's where I got the jets both times.  I thought the first go around may have been a mistake.
Ordered the second time and got the same results.  (you know what they say about that)
   The jets appear to be correct for the 2000 kx 60 Like Chris said, same ones on several parts diagrams.

So if the carb is off something else it will do no good.  Or Somone else swapped out the emulsion tube with one that will use the 6mm hex keihin main... 

I can measure the jets that do fit, and cross reference them with a supplier. 
      What a drag...  I hate to spend $40.00 shipping the carb back and forth...
      I could have gotten a carb for a KX 65 for about $117.00 + ship  (that would have an air screw) 
However I am still looking at another three months or so off work.  Rats...

Tell you what Chris,   Look on the body of the carb and tell me what numbers and letters you see.
  I'll find out what you do actually have and go from there.  Don't worry about getting the broken threads out of the Tube.   I'll get another one..

Also The kx wasnt bogging anymore but its revving high...like when you start the bike and you rev it, it like catches on a high rpm then never goes back down all the way...its not the throttle cable...Thanks

I think what you may have been expieriencing was a lean condition caused by the much cooler temps.

Now if I understand you, there is frost in the morning so it's cooling down quickly.

Apart from an air leak, the hanging Idle would indicate the pilot is lean. 
I'll get the some parts headed your way tonight... 
   Take Care and Thanks D'Gold Guy!
   Tuck\o/

Good news..
  I was going over several sites and went back to jetsrus and look what I found...
Chris, if you can find a ruler you can I dentify the proper pilot by the length.. There are three different pilots that resemble yours and they are all different lengths..
   Pull the pilot and let me know the length, I will get the Mikuni 6mm mains to match.
I believe you have a carb off of a kx65.
  http://www.jetsrus.com/FAQs/FAQ_identify_that_jet.htm

T\o/

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:27:58 PM by Friar-Tuck »

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #501 on: September 17, 2011, 03:54:59 AM »
Hey guys,

Good news! Im playing soccer today after 2 and a half years! Im gonna be a little rusty haha.

Tuck, I cant measure the main jet cause it snapped in half and the other half is in the emulsion tube...now what are we gonna do!

Theres a much cheaper way of shipping the carb even if it takes longer its worth it! Probably 8 dollar range and I will pay for it!

Tuck, after the soccer game I will call you up if thats ok and read the stuff I see on the kx carb although the other day I saw that one set of numbers is partially worn away...OFCOURSE! trying to make it tougher on us!

Ok, lets start on the thing I keep forgetting to post up here! I didnt realize that I had the b8eis or the weird one ment to take more heat I had it in for like a month and forgot to switch it out....during that time the engine always got SUPER hot! I could feel the heat off of the engine on my legs! The plug was blackish...SO about a week ago I put the regular b9es in and I went for a 5 minute ride and checked the plug and still looked new pretty much. I still have to check if the engine gets just as hot with that plug but now I cant until we resolve the jets! Sorry for writing so much!

Tuck, one of those jets looks exact to mine! I looked at the parts diagram of my year carb and it has like a round edge indents emulsion tube then the flathead main jet...mine are both hex...

Also guys, I have not been enjoying my yz that much since there appears to be a hole in the exhaust pipe and its just so big and powerful. someone tried patching the exhaust up. So everyday I see a puddle of oil on the floor and a rear tire coated in oil! A guy made an offer to me today to trade my yz for his 2000 kx100 in great condition! I love kx's! On kbb, the retail value for my yz is 1,220 and the kx is 1,020...But I love kx's soo much from you guys and I know I can get help with any problems. Let me know what I should do with this deal. THanks so much and sorry for so much writing!

CHris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #502 on: September 17, 2011, 07:34:54 AM »

Good deal on getting out and playin' soccer.  I'm lucky I can get to the bathroom! :lol:
Be careful it's a tough sport!

Don't worry about the main jet, there's only one 6mm.  I will get the right one's.
( Now that I'm sure the carb is not off a 2000 kx60.)
  I will need to know the pilot series..  remove the pilot and tell me which one has the same lenghth and thread patteren.
I will have the jets sent as soon as you can get the description of the pilot. 

Two sizes over 200 and one size smaller, same with the pilot, and the emulsion tube or (jet needle) the
 main screws into.

I have my phone with me, shoot a text and give me 5 min to clean -up before calling.  I'm painting the trim on the house for excercise instead of walking at a track or whatever...

I'm not so sure the plug will cause the bike to run that hot its the jetting. you are running lean and need to richen up the bike before doing any damage..  That's why it was hot.too lean..

Why don't you get another pipe for the YZ?   after fixing the rear brake it should run great, no?
What all don't you like about the YZ?  I think you are still seeing the efects of the bike being too rich and leaving a trail of oil on your exhaust.  Better than being too lean... 

I'm sure the guy who wanted to trade the KX isn't doing it out of the kindness of his heart... I could be wrong..
But if your YZ runs great. and his KX needs re-built.   It's gonna be an expensive trade.
   I would advise you to get someone to look at the KX before making the trade.  Or Bargain for some cash plus the bike.
Your YZ has a custome suspension that could have easily cost 300.00  just to re-spring, change seals and oil.
  That's not including swaping out shim stacks..  Not everyone is gonna be looking out for your best interest!

It doesn't matter to us Old Guys what bike you end up with we actually enjoy them all.
  Tuck\o/

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #503 on: September 17, 2011, 12:05:14 PM »
Hey guys,

Tuck, the pilot jet is 9/10th's of a mm and the threads are a little more than half of the whole pilot jet as i told you on the phone.

The kx doesnt bog anymore but it revs high and stays high...And major loss in power...after the jetting if the power doesnt come back im pretty sure its the stator position...I remember reading online that some people say if the stator is lower it gives less of a powerband and if its higher theres more of a powerband...Although the kx still bogs out and wants to die going up even the smallest hills...

I fixed the exhaust by hammering it back into where it was suppose to be...Still havent fixed the rear brake yet...dont know why it wont budge...my yz still doesnt run just right...in first second and third it doesnt go smoothly...jetting...but theres absolutely no where to ride the yz cause my property is not that big so when me and my friends are old enough that we can drive I will throw my bikes in a trailer or their truck and we will go dirt biking! So no hurry on the yz...more focused on the kx

I decided not to take the deal cause the guy didnt have the title...probably stolen...I just wish I could get my yz seat lower...and my kx seat higher! Im thinking a lot of washers under the three seat screws would lift it a little..I dont want to cut the seat apart but I looked it up and people like lower the forks and put things on the back wheel but I dont want to get that intense! something cheap...

I love all my bikes but I would much rather enjoy all kx's!!! haha Thanks

Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #504 on: September 17, 2011, 03:14:29 PM »
Hey there Chris,
  There is taller seat foam available for the kx. The seat on the YZ can have a step cut in it like the bigger bikes.

This is the carb I'm pretty sure you've got and the jets I'll order plus the needle jet.

http://www.jetsrus.com/carburetor/carb_mikuni_VM26-606_carb_exploded_view_parts.html

210 220 230 main  32.5 35 37 pilot  & the needle jet.

Have a look and make sure I haven't goofed it up.
  I have the parts saved in my cart and ready to pull the trigger if you think this looks right.
       Tuck\o/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:24:34 PM by Friar-Tuck »

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #505 on: September 18, 2011, 05:11:12 AM »
hey tuck,

That carb is not mine. It looks similar but the idle screw is straight out and gold colored. And Its a different model...I will list the jet sizes and jet needle size.

jet needle/emulsion tube = 332 N-8 with the mikuni sign in between the two sets of numbers

main jet = 200

pilot jet = 30

CHris
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 05:29:19 AM by chris-mets »
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #506 on: September 18, 2011, 05:16:46 AM »
ALso Tuck, the link that you posted in the previous posts which is this: http://www.jetsrus.com/FAQs/FAQ_identify_that_jet.htm

I found my two exact ones! When it starts the Mikuni jets, it is the 2nd one down and the 10th one down.

Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #507 on: September 18, 2011, 01:38:20 PM »
Oky Dokey Chris,
 The third time is the Charm...well it better be I'm running out of Items to sell!!  If I don't get this right this time around you'll be a grad student at MIT before we get your bikes running right!
  Thank you for verifying the jets.

I found my two exact ones! When it starts the Mikuni jets, it is the 2nd one down and the 10th one down./quote]

Let me know when you have them and had a chance to install them.  I would go with the #220 main and a #35 pilot for starters

Take Care,
  Tuck\o/

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #508 on: September 18, 2011, 02:46:17 PM »
Hey Tuck,

I am reimbursing you as much as I can! haha Im trying to find really really cheap dirt bikes that need to be rebuilt after I pay you back so I could have a little fun rebuilding it! haha I watched a 4 stroke rebuild on youtube and I was so confused on how there is an actual chain in the engine which was the timing chain...how in the world do you connect it....

I will let you know when I receive the jets and I will do exactly what you reccomend first!
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #509 on: September 18, 2011, 07:12:50 PM »

If you want to learn about valvetrains (4 stroke) you have plenty of time and the web has plenty of info.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9tfIfwlmz8&feature=related
Let's just say you get all the bugs worked out and send me the stuff you don't need.  The best way to be re-payed is just keep doing what you are supposed to.  Work hard at school, be good to your family and friends.
  The goods are on the way...AGAIN!
  "T" \o/