Author Topic: KX60 HELP! In need of rebuild!  (Read 219819 times)

Offline chris-mets

Re: KX60 HELP! In need of rebuild!
« Reply #465 on: August 23, 2011, 10:01:43 AM »
Hey guys,

I put Tucks 42 pilot in the yz but it performed worse and it was at 45. I saw that 45 was the stock pilot jet so I put it back in and used the exact same mix as my kx takes and thats 32:1. It was running 50:1. It was so much better but still a little bog...The yz is definetely fine where it is with jetting...Now to the kx...By accident we ordered the wrong jets for the kx so we are ordering different ones that will fit...All I gotta do with the yz now is settle this brake problem. Im gonna go out to the garage now and try again on the pedal...

The two problems now that I have to solve is the yz brake pedal and the kx jetting.

Some pictures of the wrong kx jets and before and after of the decals and me on the bike

Please stand by...

THanks
CHris

05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #466 on: August 23, 2011, 10:09:16 AM »
Hey Chris,
 The Yz Looks like you did an excellent job on the decals.  Are you sure you are happy with the way the YZ is running?
 We still have to make sure the main is going to be sufficient so as not to damage the cyl/ piston.

I have to take off for a bit but will be back an hour or so to see what we need to get ordered, and about that rear brake!.
    Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #467 on: August 23, 2011, 10:17:18 AM »
Hey Tuck,

Thanks so much. I am sure that I am fine with how the yz is running...I like it! haha!

No problem I am going to go into the garage now and I am going to try anything that comes in mind to get this darn thing off! Even a bulldozer! haha just kidding

Thanks

Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #468 on: August 24, 2011, 07:48:55 AM »
Any chance on pic of that brake assembly?
  Second set of KX jets are on the way... This better work,, or else!
  Tuck\o/

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #469 on: August 24, 2011, 11:38:09 AM »
I will take a pic of it tomorrow. My dad bought an antique malaguti commuter 1 moped from the 70's for 250! runs perfect and I cleaned it up for him and its nice...not even close to as fast as my dirt bikes but its a moped haha...I will be lookin for the jets! Thanks

Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #470 on: August 29, 2011, 12:35:53 PM »
Hey guys,

Tuck, sorry to say this but the jets came today and they are the exact same ones that I had from jets r us before...

Also today I got a 1999 xr70 for 320! runs perfect but needed alot of body work. Pretty much everything was spraypainted...I got the front rim done getting the paint off and its beautiful chrome just like my kx rims! who would cover that with black paint?!?!?! More work on it tomorrow... Let me know Tuck..sorry to say that...

Thanks guys
Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline 1989kawasaki

• my 89 cr250
    • youtube
« Reply #471 on: August 29, 2011, 12:38:47 PM »

who would cover that with black paint?!?!?!

probably a theif
bikes

1977 RD400
1989 CR250
1988 CR500
1978 Z50
2009 Harley super glide custom

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #472 on: August 29, 2011, 02:03:08 PM »
haha funny thing about that 1989 kawasaki...when my dad saw it hes like was it stolen? haha so he got the vin and it isnt stolen haha
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline crazyolbastard

« Reply #473 on: August 29, 2011, 02:04:57 PM »
wait a sec,   I had a 1999 xr70 stolen.
 :roll:
Crazy Ol Bastard

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #474 on: August 29, 2011, 02:44:39 PM »
haha lol well its not this cause the record is clean...and guys what works good to get paint off of the fenders? paint thinner? anything? THanks
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #475 on: August 29, 2011, 03:55:27 PM »
Dag Nabit, Im sorry Buddy,   What the heck,,, Over? :x  I can see one mistake, but I haven't had this much of a problem ordering a few jets.  It's a 2000 kx60 I Arghh... well, I have to wait until I get paid for putting together those LT 80's.  That will be the 10th.... 
      I think you will find the main (6mm hex) will have the same threads as the round Mikuni main.
  Could you check that please?,   remove the 6mm hex from the emulsion tube and see if the threads are the same.
somewhere in its life the main easily could have been swapped. 

Those pilots look like the right style, but you said they are too large eh?   Rats...
  The only way I will be able to match them up is if I can ask you to measure them and write down the measurements on a sheet of paper with either a diagram or pointing to the part of the jet the measurment is for and snap a photo.
   What a drag man... After all summer it comes down to a few lousy pieces of brass..

Hey lets have a look at the Honda when you get a chance!  I had a 71 SL70... I rode the wheels off that thing...

Red just like the piccy http://oldmotorclassic.blogspot.com/2010/01/1971-honda-sl-70-technical.html
 Keep all those pilots and mains together for me thanks,
  Tuck\o/

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #476 on: August 30, 2011, 02:23:23 AM »
Tuck, please dont worry about buying more and more jets!!! :p....I dont like wasting your time and money. I will take the carb  off the kx when I get the chance. This is a busy week for me. Then I will see it the main fits and measure all them and post them up here. Please dont worry!

haha I love all my bikes. The yz is still a bit too powerful and big for me so thats what Im gonna grow into in a year...the kx is my all time favorite once we get the power unleashed out of it again :p I have a little hill in the front of my yard and I swoop the xr around it and ride all on my lawn and when my kx tries to go up the hill in like 2nd gear it dies out then when im at the top the power comes back haha. What do you reccomend to get the paint off of the fenders on the xr?

Thanks tuck and everyone!

Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #477 on: August 30, 2011, 07:54:28 AM »

Trust me I don't like wasting your time either, let me know those sizes when you get a chance, no biggie for me..
 I'll be here.  I just wanted to see this through to completion. 

Other than sanding, the chemicals used to remove the paint can be very caustic. 
If you are able to get to a hardware store, take the smallest piece you can with you, like a side panel.
  Show them what you have and let them find something you can use without getting to dangerous.
Tuck\o/

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #478 on: August 30, 2011, 02:22:40 PM »
Nope your not wasting my time! I enjoy it and I learn from it for future bikes that I will buy for my kids! haha I will rip the carb off the kx asap when I can.

I tried paint thinner and it barely worked...So I decided to wire brush the loose paint then painted over it. It looks fine! Im not done yet with the rims. I stripped a lot of the parts off of the bike and painted all the stuff original. The side panels, rear fender, front fender, exhaust guards, and frame had to be painted original. Looks much better than before but I still gotta work on the rims and go over the paint again with a second coat and gloss...pics below of before and after of the xr. then me havin fun on the kx. then the effects of the hurricane irene that hit us and the big tree fallen is the street next to me and thats our basement....shoulda kxed down there :p. Sorry for so many pics

Thanks guys
Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #479 on: August 30, 2011, 04:14:07 PM »
Oh Dear Chris,
  You didn't mention the storm doing any damage at your place.   That's serious water down in the basement.
I hope it didn't get any hihger and ruin anything.. Maybe you should be looking to snag a generator for your folks and a small sump pump to keep the basement from filling up...  You're going to need to score some points for taking over the garage!
  What happened to the brake on the YZ?  Safety First!
     That XR looks Good From here!   There are a gazillion pitbike parts avaiable for that bike..but I'm sure you already knew that!
  Tuck\o/