Author Topic: KX60 HELP! In need of rebuild!  (Read 220013 times)

Offline chris-mets

Re: KX60 HELP! In need of rebuild!
« Reply #315 on: July 23, 2011, 05:16:14 AM »
Well motorrad...i never moved the chain from where it was...I always just unbolted the engine and pulled it out...didnt touch the back wheel...do I still have to do something after you know that?

Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Motorrad

« Reply #316 on: July 23, 2011, 05:38:25 PM »
Well motorrad...i never moved the chain from where it was...I always just unbolted the engine and pulled it out...didnt touch the back wheel...do I still have to do something after you know that?

Chris

Have you read your Clymer manual yet!?

If you have.. you would know your answer is wrong... Just because you didnt adjust it, doesnt mean it was right int he first place....

Read your CLymer manual...

if the chain is loose... you risk busting the cases in half..    if your chain is tight, you risk bending the output shaft on the tranny...

(and many other bad ugly things)

READ YOUR CLYMER MANUAL OR ILL SHOW UP AND THUMP YOU IN THE HEAD WITH IT

some motivation

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:59:55 PM by Motorrad »

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #317 on: July 24, 2011, 01:41:05 AM »
Ouch! that motivated me haha! but I dont have any tools. I will read up on the clymer manual and see wat they have after I get back from connecticut for the ktm today.
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Marco810

« Reply #318 on: July 24, 2011, 02:49:07 AM »
yup listen to Motorrad. Ive had a chain come off and break my shifter shaft (could of been worse)

Motorrad

« Reply #319 on: July 24, 2011, 05:12:39 AM »
Ouch! that motivated me haha! but I dont have any tools. I will read up on the clymer manual and see wat they have after I get back from connecticut for the ktm today.

If you dont have any tools.. how did you get the motor in and out of your bike?

Only takes 2 wrenches to adjust a chain..

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: KX60 HELP! Read your Manual!
« Reply #320 on: July 24, 2011, 08:58:54 AM »
Dirt Bike Chain Adjustment and Lubrication

Proper chain adjustment and lubrication on a dirt bike is key to long chain and sprocket life. Specifications for dirt bike chain adjustment can be found within most owner's manuals and can also be found within dirt bike repair manuals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsBycase5vw&feature=related

Have you read your manual? 
   Tuck\o/

« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:01:49 AM by Friar-Tuck »
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #321 on: July 24, 2011, 11:41:36 AM »
Hey guys...I got my ktm today and MAN THAT THING IS LOUD AND FAST!!! LOUDER THAN MY KX!! haha and it has an fmf pipe...I turned the bike on cause it wasnt staying on so i adjusted the idle...also I think this is normal on the ktm and it doesnt move forward until hitting a certain rpm then it will move...also about the chain I just unbolted the 3 bolts under the engine and pulled it out and i put it back in like that too...i didnt touch the chain...cant wait for my engine to get here! Thanks guys

Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #322 on: July 24, 2011, 03:07:16 PM »
  Ok Mister Where Are THE PICCY's  :-D

it doesnt move forward until hitting a certain rpm then it will move...
  The KTM is an Auto clutch, 
or Centrifugal Clutch. 50cc liquid cooled engine with 3 shoe adjustable centrifugal clutch assembly. 19mm carbuetor and hydralic disc brakes from and rear.

Did the Prev Owner give you an owners manual or service manual with the bike?
 Your Gonna need one CM. 

I turned the bike on cause it wasnt staying on so i adjusted the idle...
            Slow down Padna, you are talking to Old Timers..
  Are you saying the bike was set up not to Idle, so you turned up the idle where you like it.  Right?

This is gonna have to be started in the "My Other Bike"  thread.   Oh Yea,  Happy Birthday!

http://ktm50.com/

« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 03:25:27 PM by Friar-Tuck »

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #323 on: July 25, 2011, 02:37:18 AM »
no he didnt give me an owners manual. The idle was set so if you didnt continuously rev the engine the bike would shut off but i like my bikes to stay on so i turned it a half a turn while it was running and it stays on now. And not till august 7th is my birthday! haha but thanks!

Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #324 on: July 25, 2011, 07:13:15 AM »
heres the little 50
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #325 on: July 25, 2011, 03:30:50 PM »
Hey guys,

About the 50 again. After a ride, I turn the killswitch off and the gas off and Im done...Then when I go for a ride again I turn the gas back on and the killswitch on then just start kicking automatically. It takes a lot of kicks to turn over about 10 kicks. I think its probably cause the carburetor is clogged or something. The guy ran 40:1 and Im running 32:1. If I took the carb off of it could I send the carb to someone and they will clean it? amateur at carburetors... Thanks.

Chris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #326 on: July 25, 2011, 05:23:56 PM »
Hey CM,
 Great looking Bike!  Why don't you start a new thread in "My Other Bike"
   I'm having my new parts installed wed so I'll be out of commission for a bit.  :|

There are plenty of video's and write ups on how to service your new carb.  I think you can do this.
  Save the money it would cost you to take the bike to a service center and get a good chest protector an leat brace.
   Think about it..
   Tuck\o/

Motorrad

« Reply #327 on: July 26, 2011, 12:33:10 AM »
Hey CM,
 Great looking Bike!  Why don't you start a new thread in "My Other Bike"
   I'm having my new parts installed wed so I'll be out of commission for a bit.  :|

There are plenty of video's and write ups on how to service your new carb.  I think you can do this.
  Save the money it would cost you to take the bike to a service center and get a good chest protector an leat brace.
   Think about it..
   Tuck\o/

Also... there is a time in life you need to just bite the bullet and learn..
The Clymer manual for your KX is pretty close to what the KTM internals look like.

Just thinking of a friend I have...
He has.. Hmm.. 8 bikes?    and only 1 runs.   they all ran when he got them..  But.. since he always asked for others to do the work for him.. etc..   he never learned how to do his own wrenching, cant fix them himself (all easy stuff), and cant afford to pay a service center to do it....

READ YOUR CLYMER...
Me and tuck will find somthing on the net that is a good tutorial.. (cleaning out jets)
and DIVE IN...  and learn..

If you cant get it to work. that is when you ask for help...  not before you even put forth any effort..

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #328 on: July 26, 2011, 03:20:59 AM »
when i bought my 500 in 2006, I knew nowt about strokers.after being on here after discovering this site in 2009, and lots of reading and being systematic theres now no part of the engine which i find daunting.have a pop yourself, if need be take pics so you can see how it went together.K.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline chris-mets

« Reply #329 on: July 26, 2011, 03:36:58 AM »
Yeah I knowww...I think i wont touch it for now...I just dont want this bike dying out like the kx. Thanks guys. Good luck with the surgery Tuck!

CHris
05 rm125
04 ttr90
82 rm80