Author Topic: Project "I was only gonna clean the air filter!"  (Read 130095 times)

Motorrad

Re: Project "I was only gonna clean the air filter!"
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2012, 06:00:37 PM »
Ive got a sweet VERY low hours 1998 K5 motor for sale if anyone is interested..   $1000

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 03:41:28 AM by Motorrad »

Offline kxpegger

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2012, 01:57:05 AM »
Ive got a sweet VERY low hours 1998 K5 motor for sale if anyone is interested..   $1000

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stock complete engine? Please shoot me a PM.

Thanks, Pete
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 03:41:37 AM by Motorrad »
North Las Vegas

"05" RMZ450, "08" KX500AF "11" KTM 450SX-F "12" KTM 250SX "15" KTM450SX-F

Motorrad

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2012, 03:37:23 AM »
PM sent   :-D

Offline kxpegger

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2012, 10:49:05 AM »
North Las Vegas

Motorrad

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2012, 12:23:00 PM »

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2012, 08:00:53 AM »
 :-o...........Wow, I can't believe that you came across ANOTHER 98 low hour k5 motor.......what are the odds!! :lol:
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline kxpegger

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »
:-o...........Wow, I can't believe that you came across ANOTHER 98 low hour k5 motor.......what are the odds!! :lol:
I'm going to use the one I'm buying from Motorrad and put it in a riding mower! Five gears on a riding mower! I'm really excited to see what the possibilities are!
North Las Vegas

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2012, 01:52:11 PM »
I'm going to use the one I'm buying from Motorrad and put it in a riding mower! Five gears on a riding mower! I'm really excited to see what the possibilities are!

K5 riding lawn mower?!....might as well buy an excavator!!...... :-D
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Motorrad

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2012, 02:13:32 PM »

should ship out tomarrow..

I get a ride once its built right?

Offline kxpegger

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2012, 02:32:42 PM »

Absolutely! I have a few details to work out like how to maintain a constant cutting blade speed no matter what drive gear I'm in! Not trying to build a helicopter or hover craft. Lol! Just want to have one of the fastest single cylinder riding mowers that can still cut grass!
North Las Vegas

Motorrad

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2012, 04:00:11 PM »

Absolutely! I have a few details to work out like how to maintain a constant cutting blade speed no matter what drive gear I'm in! Not trying to build a helicopter or hover craft. Lol! Just want to have one of the fastest single cylinder riding mowers that can still cut grass!

Hmm K5 powered "Hover Mower"

Motorrad

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2012, 04:09:19 PM »
Okay... all joking aside..

We took a good hard look at Oscars motor this weekend..

I cant believe how little wear this motor has on it..    the shift forks that came out of his motor have less wear on them than the new one I just pulled out of a OEM Kawasaki wrapper....     

everything in the lower end looks like its off the showroom floor.

We did find its Demise... the previous owner..    slapped a wiseco in there.. and never checked piston wall..

I checked it at .0015" piston wall....     yea.. thats tight for a wiseco..  :-o

So been working on cleaning up porting flaws..   not going to change much on this CLY..   just going to be a good all round K5..

Piston ordered... Jug should go out for plate by end of week.. 

Then piston window will be cut,  Piston skirts will be trimmed..   

Cases and lower end will take a ride to work with me sometime this week for a bath in the hot tank.. as well..   to prep the lower end for assembly.

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2012, 04:22:58 PM »

I cant believe how little wear this motor has on it..    the shift forks that came out of his motor have less wear on them than the new one I just pulled out of a OEM Kawasaki wrapper....     

We did find its Demise... the previous owner..    slapped a wiseco in there.. and never checked piston wall..

I checked it at .0015" piston wall....     yea.. thats tight for a wiseco..  :-o

So been working on cleaning up porting flaws..   not going to change much on this CLY..   just going to be a good all round K5..

Cases and lower end will take a ride to work with me sometime this week for a bath in the hot tank.. as well..   to prep the lower end for assembly.

Ahhh!! d**n it!!!  I was looking forward to seeing this K5 powered mower!!!  hahahaha!!  Motorrad has been great.  I have met few people on this planet as genuine as him.  Thanks for all the help "Jedi Master of Machines"!!

Motorrad

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2012, 04:25:16 PM »

Ahhh!! d**n it!!!  I was looking forward to seeing this K5 powered mower!!!  hahahaha!!  Motorrad has been great.  I have met few people on this planet as genuine as him.  Thanks for all the help "Jedi Master of Machines"!!

Butter me up all you want... Your not getting my Hamel seat..

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2012, 04:28:18 PM »

Butter me up all you want... Your not getting my Hamel seat..

HAHAHA!!  Can I have the other one when you get it back then?