Author Topic: Pro Circuit Dog Bones?  (Read 4351 times)

sdkx500

Pro Circuit Dog Bones?
« on: May 27, 2004, 09:55:43 AM »
Does anybody have any experience with the pro circuit suspension links?  Can anyone explain the physics and what it does to the bike?

kawdude

Pro Circuit Dog Bones?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 11:21:50 AM »
Hmmm... :D I'm wondering the same.    I fired off a note procuit asking the same question.  They only can be longer or shorter...nothing else can change, can it?

teamgreen500

Pro Circuit Dog Bones?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 12:14:41 PM »
They "Pick-Up" the rear and GREATLY IMPROVE "turn in" in the tight stuff and on the track. My bike turns as good as most "modern" bikes AND BETTER than most 450s. No Crap!

They're worth the investment. The bike WILL sit a little higher in back. Get used to it. You're bike will loose that "Heavy" and "Sloppy" feel.

I'd, also, suggest an ACME or Pro-Circuit revalve. Both companies have A LOT of knowledge on K5s.

Go do it!

Manny

Rick

Pro Circuit Dog Bones?
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 04:10:37 AM »
Manny,

Any thoughts on how much shorter the bones are from stock?  I would thing the the centerline of the holes can be more than 1/4", but have never really had anyone take a look to see for sure.

Rick

teamgreen500

Pro Circuit Dog Bones?
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 11:55:49 AM »
Looks like I'll have to get a new set and we'll measure 'em! I ain't taking my scooter apart...I'm just gonna gas -n- go this coming Tuesday. I'm tired of riding my "Street-Bike"...just ain't the same...I need a K5 fix!

Manny

kawdude

Pro Circuit Dog Bones?
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 04:54:46 PM »
I built some because I didn't know any were available but again I wanted longer bones to lower the bike.

toddwunsch

Pro Circuit Dog Bones?
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 05:39:09 PM »
You can find them on eBay..

sdkx500

Pro Circuit Dog Bones?
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2004, 02:47:04 AM »
Rick I ordered a set of dog bones from pro circuit.  The documentation says that the stock is 134 mm and the pro circuit ones are 132.5mm.  I have not put them on yet but I am assuming that a small linkage change has a large multiplication factor at the end height of the rear fender.

T

Offline KXcam22

Pro Circuit Dog Bones?
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 04:11:19 AM »
Manny,
  Would the extra rear ride height from the shorter dog bone be equivalent to running with the forks raised in the triple clamps? Or is there more to the dogbone suspension equation than simple rear height. I'm interrested! I like blowing away 450's!! Cam.

PS. my bike is worth less than their titanium pipes and way faster (and quieter)

Rick

Pro Circuit Dog Bones?
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 07:36:31 AM »
Can't wait to see the answer to this, as I have been curious about this as well...

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Pro Circuit Dog Bones?
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2004, 07:47:55 AM »
Quote from: Rick
Can't wait to see the answer to this, as I have been curious about this as well...

:popcorn:

Rick

Pro Circuit Dog Bones?
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004, 08:46:41 AM »
Hmmm, I wonder where Manny is hiding.... :worship:

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Pro Circuit Dog Bones?
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2004, 09:10:19 AM »
Quote from: Rick
Hmmm, I wonder where Manny is hiding.... :worship:

He's out riding his new CR450F  :blink:  :blowup:  :boxing:

Rick

Pro Circuit Dog Bones?
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2004, 10:27:20 AM »
:shock:  :P  :mrgreen:

toddwunsch

Pro Circuit Dog Bones?
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2004, 12:16:45 PM »
Speaking with a suspension tech, and retired racer, here in San Diego County, he stated that you would achieve basically the same performance benefits by raising the forks in the clamps.  But how much can you really do that until you don't have any access to your rebound adjustment ?  In addition, using the shorter dog bones will eliminate a little bit of the sloppy look by raising the rear end.  And yes, with the correct suspension settings in the front, this can greatly improve your turning.  However, I'm told you will sacrifice stability at high speeds.  There's always a trade off !!  :-)