Author Topic: Oversized bars with crossbar.  (Read 1871 times)

toddwunsch

Oversized bars with crossbar.
« on: May 24, 2004, 10:41:55 AM »
I currently have an oversized bar mount kit and Pro-Taper bars w/ Scotts stabilizer that I run in the desert.  I still have the 7/8" mounts and wanted to purchase some aluminum 7/8" bars w/ crossbar to run when I'm just messing around at the local track.  I purchased a set of Tag aluminum bars with a crossbar.  When I got home, I noticed that these are the Tag T2 oversized bars, yet they had the crossbar on them.  OK, that's fine with me, I won't have to put the old 7/8" clamps back on.  I realize that this sort of negates the purpose of the oversized bar because the stress is moved back to the 7/8" portion of the bars where the crossbar connects.  However, is there a chance that this setup, assuming it was a mistake during assembly at the factory, will be actually less strong than a standard set of 7/8" bars with a crossbar ?  Any thoughts would be appreciated !!

mikesmith

Oversized bars with crossbar.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 01:24:22 PM »
Ive read that a cross bar does not make the bars stronger,I have a hard time believing that, but then Pro-Tapers are the strongest with out a cross bar.