Author Topic: End Of OEM rod kits?  (Read 9850 times)

Motorrad

Re: End Of OEM rod kits?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 07:12:51 PM »
Sometimes the dealer will be given an estimated release date on back ordered parts.  But again this is only ESTIMATED.
Last rod I had put on was an IMS Pro Series, I dont think they've been made for a while so goes to show when the last time mine was replaced.

Was just told today... there is no release date... so who knows..

since I want this thing up and going for january...

who aftermarket is up to snuff... as good as the original....
Versah?
I know hotrods is crapola
ProX shows a kit, anyone try one?

Offline cbmoor

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 02:30:17 AM »
I put a prox kit in mine as it is made in japan and prox is oem maker but they are running out of rods for the kx5 here in Europe only find them in shops that held them in stock and Dutch says they are not planning to take more in to Europe any time soon.

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 02:57:35 AM »
i wonder if stewart has any oem rods. motorrad i would go buy a new crank and be done with it.

Offline jonny500

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 03:50:47 AM »
motorrad,  i bought a genuine conrod about 3 weeks ago from a main dealer here in the uk. it took less than 24 hours to arrive. i use this dealer alot and have a good relationship with them. if you would like i will call them to see if they have one (im sure they do). post from the UK to US can be done in less than 5 days. just give the word and i will make the inquires for you and get you in touch with them

Motorrad

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 03:25:10 PM »
i wonder if stewart has any oem rods. motorrad i would go buy a new crank and be done with it.

Would but don't want to lose my stuffer crank...

If I could get ahold of Stewart I'd ask him for one. (and alot of other things...)

Offline kaw rider

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 06:05:53 PM »
maybe you could buy a new crank and steel the rod and other parts off of it to put on to your stuffer crank. I have a call into my buddy that does alot of mx motor to see if he has a oem rod laying around.

Motorrad

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 07:51:09 PM »
maybe you could buy a new crank and steel the rod and other parts off of it to put on to your stuffer crank. I have a call into my buddy that does alot of mx motor to see if he has a oem rod laying around.

Reason I wanted a new rod. As I dont trust mine... anymore... and when a oem one was $55.. it wasnt worth getting mine checked for straight and magnafluxed. etc...   

So no oppinion on the Versah stuff?

Motorrad

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2010, 07:53:37 PM »
motorrad,  i bought a genuine conrod about 3 weeks ago from a main dealer here in the uk. it took less than 24 hours to arrive. i use this dealer alot and have a good relationship with them. if you would like i will call them to see if they have one (im sure they do). post from the UK to US can be done in less than 5 days. just give the word and i will make the inquires for you and get you in touch with them

My thoughts on this..

exchange rate is not in my favor (aprox $1 us to .76 UK)... then I have to ship it...   really dont want to be $200 into a rod kit.  already have $150? tied up with backorder and half my parts in my hand at service honda..

Then again Im getting impatiant and about to order a aftermarket rod kit... which would be $100...

sooo.. guess we should go ahead and check?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 07:57:05 PM by Motorrad »

Offline ThrottleJunky

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 02:03:01 AM »
Motorrad
I got a good friend that is high up in the kawi structure to run a query on that part.   He said that there are some available but obviouisly not from the distrubution center that your dealer is drawing from.

This don't help you much because you have money down on an order already.    IF not, or you can back out of the order, call dealers in other areas of the country to find your part. 

Not sure what area of the country your in...
'There's more living in five minutes flat-out on a bike than some men have in an entire life'.

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 04:06:13 AM »
Well Motorrad I just orderd 2 vesrah kits. Read everywere that Prox, Vesrah and OEM are the same. That on
this forum and others.
In holland a oem cost me $245,-  now $275,- for 2 Vesrah rods.

It will take a copple of days when I get it. Let you know how they look.

Dutchie
Proud owner of a KX500AF

Motorrad

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 06:02:35 PM »
Just got a ship confermation from service honda today...

HOORAY rods still exsist!!!!

Offline kaw rider

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 06:12:29 PM »
they are not on back order any more, just checked the other day. My rods should be here any day.

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 06:52:10 AM »
Good to here the OEM rod is back.

Mine Vesrah's have arrived. Look almost the same as oem, even better if you ask me.
They look a bit more refined.
Now have to put it together and balance it at 56-59%.

dutchie
Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 07:50:10 AM »
Hey Dutchie.
Have you weighed the two to see if there is any difference?
Thanks!
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Motorrad

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 08:00:45 AM »
Hey Dutchie.
Have you weighed the two to see if there is any difference?
Thanks!

I'm interested in that as well

I notice the crank pin is taper bored on the versah.  Raise ccr?