Author Topic: At desert. Pretty bike  (Read 9954 times)

Offline alward25

Re: At desert. Pretty bike
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 07:11:46 AM »
Friar, how did you get ahold of the tank and low boy pipe?

IMS will make the tank if you have the tank code, KX500FF,  I do not know about the pipe.
Alex
"Let there be light"

Motorrad

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 04:43:10 PM »
Friar, how did you get ahold of the tank and low boy pipe?

It was very difficult for me... approx 7 months ago.. I picked up the phone.. called Zip-ty... and ordered them...

Motorrad

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 04:44:36 PM »
Back today... with a real computer.. (not phone)..

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 01:37:08 PM »
Nice bike; it would've been good to see it in person!  I was at Ocotillo Wells beating the crap outta my sister's '06 Polaris Outlaw 500 the day after thanksgiving.  It made me miss my KX5 more than ever!  I pulled up next to a KX at the bottom of Blow Sand Hill but couldn't see much at first.  I thought it was a 5, but after closer scrutiny it turned out to be a 250.  I was bummed at being forced on 4 wheels, but thankful just to be able to ride, and at least most of the bikes I saw were two strokes!  I beat that Polaris into submission!  It runs good too, for a quad, but the power's nothing like the 5. :-D

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 05:39:04 AM »
Bikes looks awesome. Makes me want to re-paint mine and get new plastics.

That 350X is the cleanest one I ever seen that wasn't sitting in a showroom.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline meangreen500

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 04:31:59 PM »
15 50 gearing? you wouldnt have any top speed. I got 15 47 I would like a little more top for the long powerline roads :evil:

Offline joogz

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 06:46:43 PM »
that is a prime bike right there!

Motorrad

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 02:48:03 AM »
15 50 gearing? you wouldnt have any top speed. I got 15 47 I would like a little more top for the long powerline roads :evil:
Overdrive 5th gear out of land speed bike...

Nice setup... nice low first-4th for rocks etc in dez race and when you hit a straight away..... click to 5th and away ya go...   according to gearing commander's website, its good for 118mph at 8000rpm with my current 15-50
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 04:52:15 AM by Motorrad »

Offline mwalker04

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 08:48:12 AM »
Yea no.. I just spoke with IMS, they have no record of part number KX500FF, I also spoke with FMF who no longer sells or manufactures the low boy pipe. This is the pits.. These bikes aren't going anywhere soon, why would they stop manufacturing them, there must be a market.

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 12:02:36 PM »
Yea no.. I just spoke with IMS, they have no record of part number KX500FF, I also spoke with FMF who no longer sells or manufactures the low boy pipe. This is the pits.. These bikes aren't going anywhere soon, why would they stop manufacturing them, there must be a market.

Have you checked with Zip Ty Racing?     http://www.ziptyracing.com/products/product_detail.aspx?id=MTI2OA==
"Endeavor to persevere."

Motorrad

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 12:31:25 PM »
as I stated earlyer... all it took to get mine was a phone call to zipty about 6months ago...  and they showed up on my doorstep 2 weeks later...

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 01:12:11 PM »
the numbers have to be right for they to do it.

Offline flyingfitz

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2010, 08:21:58 AM »
The pipe definately seems to be the limiting factor on this set up.  I have called Zip-Ty, FMF and tried to research the out of business Flow Co. that supplied the pipes to Zip.  No positive hits.  Tanks available but no exhaust.

How many people would be serious about buying one of these pipes if they were available?

What power characteristics would be most desired?  FMF Gnarly, Desert, PC1, PC2, Stock?

How much would be a fair price knowing that limited numbers would cost slightly more?

Please give your input.

Fitz

Offline mwalker04

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2010, 03:34:37 AM »
I'd buy it, and have considered having a custom one made, I want that tank / shroud setup.

Offline Rude Riders

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2010, 01:22:18 PM »
awesome bike man. what desert you at?