Author Topic: MONUMENT TO THE 2-STROKE 2000 KX500  (Read 32520 times)

Offline delphipro5

Re: MONUMENT TO THE 2-STROKE 2000 KX500
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2011, 10:20:15 AM »
I am headed down to NH tomorrow to pick up my suspension from factory connection. :-D VERY interested to see the back shock. I had them do some coating and anodize work. Should look and perform very nicely. :wink: Obviously I will post pics of it when I got it. Things have so far been going ok, I need to talk to the dude with my engine about a few things..... nothing major, and I need to get my stabilizer tower welded and the frame blasted and recoated..... Actually there's a lot to do, but thats allright I ain't in a huge rush :mrgreen: Not yet! :wink:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 12:29:39 PM by delphipro5 »

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2011, 03:24:26 PM »
So I'm back from FAC. CONN. with my susp. and you gotta see this shock! It is a work of art! Check this thing out:

BEFORE:

O.E.M. STOCK

AFTER:

Factory connection did the T-3 hardcoat on the body, They gave me my correct spring painted metal blue, the blue anodized endcap, DLC'd the shock shaft and gave me a fresh bumper, also the trick shock pre-load ring with the bearing in it and the top ring all in ano'd blue! They also did a tremendous amount if internal rework and parts switchouts. Absolutly Factory Connection Does an incredible job. They truly are "The best suspension period" I AM IMPRESSED :-o
Would suggest them to anyone for srevice. :wink:

Motorrad

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2011, 03:33:38 PM »
OOOOH pretty...

The Preload ring has a bearing in it?  :?

I have never seen or heard of that...

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2011, 03:54:51 PM »
And here are the forks redone, They did an excellent job with what they had to work with. The fork job only cost me about uummm.... $390.00 rounded to that anyway... BUT I wanted the fork tubes DLC Coated and the fork lugs t-3'd also, so a while into the work and he had already broke a tool trying to remove the fork lugs from the shaft, and he gave me a call. " Hello paul, I am having a hard time removing these fork lugs and I do not want to go any further till I get an ok for you to do this. I may scratch, break, or bend another tool or your tubes or wreck the fork lugs in the process! So I told him to FORGET IT on the coatings on the forks and do the best he could for them. Anything cosmetic I can fix myself later. SO............ any one want some PICS :

PICS:

FACTORY CONNECTION DOES EXCELLENT WORK. These guys are serious! :evil:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:44:31 PM by delphipro5 »

Motorrad

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2011, 03:59:25 PM »
.43 springs...  How much do you weigh? what kind of riding?  Im curious how you like em once on the bike..

That is cheap on the work.. Think I just payed $4 somthing for my 08 forks to be re-valved, (didnt change spring)  from precision concepts.

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2011, 04:04:51 PM »
OOOOH pretty...

The Preload ring has a bearing in it?  :?

I have never seen or heard of that...

From what I read on the recipt- it has a bearing in it, it's like a thrust bearing that allows the spring to twist instead of bind when heavily compressed. Also it helps adjust preload so it does not stick too much, easier to turn. Kinda trick, I like it! They guy told me there were none left around anymore so I was bummed. I told him I really wanted it, and he pulled it out of the Fac. Conn. Archives somewhere, I don't know where he found it. BUT... I GOT IT!!! :-D :-D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:49:33 PM by delphipro5 »

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2011, 04:13:38 PM »
.43 springs...  How much do you weigh? what kind of riding?  Im curious how you like em once on the bike..

That is cheap on the work.. Think I just payed $4 somthing for my 08 forks to be re-valved, (didnt change spring)  from precision concepts.

I weigh 185lbs.  I am 5' 11" in height.  I do woods trails(easy,semi open), pine forest mud trails(very technical), and WTFO when I pop out of the woods trails onto the open fireroads up here to blast the carbon out of it, and push it's speed limits.(drag it)!  :evil:

I am confident with a few MINOR adjustments, this will be the best set up I have ever rode (suspension set up I mean.) PEACE ENJOY 8-)! Paul
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:50:33 PM by delphipro5 »

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2011, 10:46:34 AM »
Got in touch with Dick's racing today, he is currently working on the Carb. I sent him. He told me he should be finished up with it tomorrow. He is doing the taper bore on it and installing a dial-a-jet, and rejetting it to compensate. I hope he sets it up for C-10 fuel but i'm not sure. I will give it a try set up his way and see how it goes. In the near future I will buy the boysen rad valve setup also, and I will be able to do some testing between the C.P.W. 39.5mm PWK / Vforce2 reed setup, and the Dick's taper bore D-a-J stockie mod/ boysen RAD valve reed setup. And also the swap of that. I will be able to do a lot of swap out combos and see what works the best. That should be a good time! :wink: And Larry's got my head going good, I should be seeing that real soon. I just got a PM from him today and he said he's working on it. He's a great guy, I love how clean the work is! GOOD STUFF!

Offline martinfan30

• 2000 KX500
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2011, 02:09:27 PM »
NICE! We both should be done with our bikes around the same time! I should be running in 2-3 weeks.
2000 KX500
2005 XR650L

Neither are stock, and both are great desert bikes.

Motorrad

« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2011, 02:42:05 PM »
NICE! We both should be done with our bikes around the same time! I should be running in 2-3 weeks.

HAH. funny... I should be also, at the rate parts are showing up now.

Offline kxpegger

« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2011, 03:22:22 PM »
North Las Vegas

"05" RMZ450, "08" KX500AF "11" KTM 450SX-F "12" KTM 250SX "15" KTM450SX-F

Offline delphipro5

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2011, 12:39:16 PM »
Got my KIPS BOLT. And my Comp. RE. Head from Larry, SWEET! I figured Id post a few pics. I am headed down to my engine guy tomorrow to drop off the bolt and the Head, and talk to him about the finish out of the engine build. Things are going good, but I think I may have to go on hold for a bit after I get the engine back. We will see where the $$ stands after that whole chestnut! I will keep posting as I go.

These are the bolts I will first work with for my first run of my own. Not as nice looking.

Offline D0N

« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2011, 02:50:50 PM »
Looking great! I love your suspension. I may have to copy you and look into having them do mine too.

Offline delphipro5

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2011, 09:41:47 AM »
OK, I got my engine back from the builder and it LOOKS GOOD! :-D :-D
 I am a fairly happy camper. I have been stressing this whole thing like crazy latley and I think I finally got over it. If you are spending boku $$ on a project, and learning the whole thing for the FIRST TIME, some thing you have been dying to do for 18yrs of your life, your bound to get a little up-tite about it!
 Sorry for the bitchin in some of my posts, it was never directed toward anybody here. I'm Learning a LOT, and learning how to have FUN with it too! :wink:

SO, with that out of the way- Here are some pics of the engine. I have had very little time latley so my bench is a mess! And I really did not have time to take pics, so I just snapped a few shots. LOOKS GOOD SO FAR($1'450.00 worth of "good so far"!). Thanks for all the know how guys. MORE LATER!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-o :-o :-o :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D