Author Topic: Ebay Radiators?  (Read 8193 times)

Offline SweetTea

Ebay Radiators?
« on: November 07, 2010, 12:06:10 PM »
Are the Ebay radiators any good?  I see they are a decent price for a pair, compared to an outrageous price for one from OEM.  It appears they are made by private buisnesses, and are brand new.  My right radiator is fine, but the left is bent somewhat.  I'm also debating on sending it to Mylers radiator repair here in Utah, but haven't decided yet.  I want it to be like brand new. 

Also, are the Tusk radiators any good?

Any experience?

Thanks again!

Offline suicyde

Re: Ebay Radiators?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 03:42:35 PM »
if your in utah, go talk to the guy at mylers, he can make you a custom set of rads. they look sweet, and are reasonable. he does great work. check him out.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 04:36:19 PM »
Look at the sellers location.
If he is in Taiwan I can tell you my experience.
I bought a pair and they were shipped very quickly.
They look great!
When I tried to mount them the holes were too small and not perfectly aligned.
A few minutes on the drill press fixed them up.
I mounted them and once again they looked great!
The next problem I ran into was the radiator screens.
The screens did not snap into the radiators very well because the thickness of the mount area was greater than the stock radiators.
The fix was a little black RTV silicone.
Now they stay in place just fine after several rides.
Even while slow desert riding my bike does not over heat.
Although, the stock radiators only gave me trouble one time after several slow speed, high RPM attempts at one really nasty sand hill climb that I was told couldn't be done on a bike.
I had to prove that it could be done  :-)
Any way, the guy who sold them to me gave a partial refund.
This was over a year ago so I would think they would have that problem solved by now.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Rooster452

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 04:27:01 AM »
They look great!
The screens did not snap into the radiators very well because the thickness of the mount area was greater than the stock radiators.

Although, the stock radiators only gave me trouble one time after several slow speed, high RPM attempts at one really nasty sand hill climb that I was told couldn't be done on a bike.
This was over a year ago so I would think they would have that problem solved by now.

So would you say these radiators are a good buy?  :?

Offline SweetTea

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 10:52:35 AM »
K, I just ordered a set off ebay for $190.  Hopefully they will do good.  Mylers wanted $310 for a pair, and they look just like the ones on Ebay. 

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 11:14:23 AM »
They look great!

So would you say these radiators are a good buy?  :?

Yes, I liked them very much.
Let me know if they solved the mounting hole problems they were having.
Thanks!
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline SweetTea

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 12:36:57 PM »
Will do!  Would you say the thickness and length of the radiators are about the same as stock or a little more?  I was just wondering if they would look a little funky or get in the way of anything?

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 02:52:28 PM »
They are thicker but that has not created any problems.
Nothing looks funky.
When everything is mounted you would have to look hard to find anything out of place.
If I think about it I'll try to get some pics up.

Offline jonny500

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 08:58:38 AM »
ok, i just got a set of chinese rads, took about 10 days to england and cost ?100. the finishing is poor. the set i bought is for a 99 - 02 kx 250 with 30% more capacity, as it is for 250/500 project i thought the bigger capacity would be good for the 500 engine. so i fitted them to the frame and they bolted to frame nicely but when i came to puting the tank on to check the fit of the rad plastics the tank fouled the top of the rads because they are thicker than stock. i can work with these rads but i will have to do some finishing with a file and emery paper, also i will have to mod the tank very slightly with a heat gun. all in all i am reasonably happy with the price i payed but bare in mind i am doing a project and a couple more small mods means nothing. there are several manufacturers or these in china and im sure there are better and worse out there. these were from a company on ebay called racing sport. heres some pics i have included a pic with a stock rad to show the difference in thickness. my opinion is; i would buy again as this is a cheap option but would expect to do so mods or finishing.

Offline flyingfitz

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 04:57:33 AM »
I would be interested in getting a set of rads this winter.  Since there is a few import sources, it would be great to choose the best one.  I was wondering if those who had purchased could list the specific manufacturer, source and pro/con.  Sandblaster, do you remember the vendor?

Fitz

Offline jonny500

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 05:59:58 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KX500-KX-500-MXPUK-Performance-Radiators-MX012-/150483155958?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item23097ebbf6
take a look at these flyingfitz, this is a uk company. i dont know if they are importing them from china or not but i spoke to them about these  a while ago when they had them priced at ?200. they said they are of good quality. i have no reason to disbelieve them as they are a reputable uk company that i have dealt with in the past. also i would think returns to them would be more straight forward as they speak english. i would have no problem in buying a set from them they just dont do the rads i needed

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 09:19:35 AM »
I would be interested in getting a set of rads this winter.  Since there is a few import sources, it would be great to choose the best one.  I was wondering if those who had purchased could list the specific manufacturer, source and pro/con.  Sandblaster, do you remember the vendor?

Fitz

Hi Fitz.
I had to dig deep for my receipt  :-)  asi_performance
http://stores.ebay.com/Asi-Factory-Direct?_rdc=1

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 09:21:41 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KX500-KX-500-MXPUK-Performance-Radiators-MX012-/150483155958?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item23097ebbf6
take a look at these flyingfitz, this is a uk company. i dont know if they are importing them from china or not but i spoke to them about these  a while ago when they had them priced at ?200. they said they are of good quality. i have no reason to disbelieve them as they are a reputable uk company that i have dealt with in the past. also i would think returns to them would be more straight forward as they speak english. i would have no problem in buying a set from them they just dont do the rads i needed

I checked out that UK link.
Those radiators appear to be identical to mine.
I suspect that they are getting them from Taiwan.
If they have a good reputation why worry?  :-o

Offline SweetTea

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 11:17:28 AM »

Offline flyingfitz

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 11:40:06 AM »
Thanks for the posts.  I looked on the asi ebay site and they are not showing any kx500 models now.  Based on pics and description they all do appear the same.  If currency rate and shipping cost yield similar price, I think I will go with the reputable english speaking source. 

If anyone else has nuances between models please post.  I bet they could sell a ton of these off of this site alone if the quality and compatability prove to be good.

Fitz