Author Topic: pipe brackets  (Read 2675 times)

bp

pipe brackets
« on: April 23, 2004, 04:42:38 AM »
I have 02 kx 500 w/ zipty tank and pipe,and i keep breaking the
pipe brackets(rubber). is there stonger aftermarket ones or a
trick to keep them from breaking.

mikesmith

pipe brackets
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 07:46:32 AM »
Ill tell you one thing,dont weld by them,when they get real hot they seperate.I made my own out of aluminum stock,some heater hose with fuel line inside of it and a bolt through the hole thing.Ive only had one break after all these years of doing it and it was the aluminum stock that broke after a few hard impacts!

teamgreen500

pipe brackets
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 01:34:25 PM »
This "Breakage" is usually a sign of a pipe that doesn't fit correctly OR over-tightening that causes the mount tp spin.

Manny

SLEEZ

pipe brackets
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004, 09:20:16 AM »
Mike,

Do you have a pic of your bracket?

DanH1

pipe brackets
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 01:53:53 PM »
When I mounted my  Flow/ZipTy pipe I did have to bend the mounting tabs on the pipe just a little and elongate one of the holes very slightly to get the mounts to line up. They should bolt up without any tension on the rubber, otherwise they will break. Make sure you don't put a twist in the rubber when tightening, this will break them also.     Dan

mikesmith

pipe brackets
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2004, 07:04:52 PM »
No,no pictures of the bracket.But its really easy to make,aluminum bar cut same length as stock bracket with the two mounting holes drilled.A bolt long enough to go through the aluminum bar,thick rubber fuel line with a piece of heater hose slipped over the bolt.The hose is cut to length the same size or a little bigger than the stock rubber mount is thick.Use a nut on the end and I safety wire it on,no problems and it cost me nothing.Nekt time I have it apart Ill take a picture.It doesnt look much differnt than stock other than a bolt through it and the rubber cushion is round instead of square.Hope that helps.