Author Topic: Extending Clutch Cable and Front Brake Line  (Read 2322 times)

Offline bouillion

Extending Clutch Cable and Front Brake Line
« on: October 01, 2010, 02:36:24 PM »
I want to install 2" handle bar risers on my daughter's 2003 KX-100 but I'm pretty sure I don't have enough slack in both the clutch cable nor the front brake line.

Has anyone done this mode and replaced the cable and brake line? If so, what did you have to go with and where did you purchase?

Thanks

Offline DoldGuy

Re: Extending Clutch Cable and Front Brake Line
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 02:13:36 AM »
Bouillon,
I have no experience with this project but you can have a "Custom" clutch cable made by Motion Pro (Speak with Toby) to whatever lenght you would need. You can also have a "Custom" Front brake line made to fit your needs too, Hillclimb#42 on here has posted his results with a local company that made one for his GFs KTM.
Hope this Helps
DoldGuy
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline bouillion

Re: Extending Clutch Cable and Front Brake Line
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 02:02:45 PM »
DOLDGUY,

Thanks, I was able to get a new brake line made at work (aircraft quality at that). I recently completed a hybrid using a 05 KX-125 and a KDX 220r. I think I may be able to use the clutch cable off the KX (if I can find where I saved it) and the throttle cable off the KDX (used the KX cable for the hybrid). The handle bar risers are scheduled to arrive Friday so I'll let you know how it all works out. I ended up going with some 3 1/2" adjustable risers from Rox.