Author Topic: Wheelie Crash  (Read 9070 times)

Offline IceRacer

• If You Dont Crash Your Not Trying Hard Enough
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/10milkshake01?feature=mhw4
Wheelie Crash
« on: August 25, 2010, 08:08:32 AM »
I crashed doing wheelies on my 125.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiSayNHTFoQ
Ride Motorcycles and Go Hunting!

Offline madmick

Re: Wheelie Crash
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 10:25:52 PM »
hey iceracer seen your flip on your 125,i am the mono king down here in australia 2010 monster kx 500 afx registered and can do 1-2 kms on my back wheel on the road easy,some advice 4 ya,now you know your flipping point (angle of bike where all hope is lost) you will start to do better monos,you need to get your angle back a few more degrees and just do smoother smaller surges with your throttle,you have to be able to do that to start changing your gears,and you will find that you will feel more comfortable lifting it up higher as you have more control and your bike is not reefing it front wheel up and down (heaps dangerous) as per your video clip,as 1 surge of juice to much and your gone,i know it sounds silly but if you bring your bike back further its a lot safer..a good wheelstander is always a good rider as balance control on your back wheel takes a bit of practise and transferes to your riding,when you mono your 5hunghy you dont need to bring it as far back (power monos) as the power will help keep smooth,..good luck..i race my bike down here on flat tracks,youse mob call them dirt tracks,and my bikes just lifts up during the starts (mono the whole straight)and i can keep it there and still beat all of them 2010 4strokes 450s to the 1st corner,every start to if i dont back it off..sorry we took over 1 of your posts as well,..1 eyed 2stroke bloke..down under..hate 4 strokes.dont ask me why..oh yeah go back to your other post and youl see..stay with the 2s too dude..good luck with your racing and remember ride safe..madmick.

Offline IceRacer

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 02:19:32 AM »
Thanks for the advice. Trust me i will never get me a 4 stroke. To me 4 strokes are for people that can not ride 2 strokes(they cant keep it in the right powerband). 

Offline alward25

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 04:40:23 AM »
A real rider can ride anything, a smart rider rides what he can afford:)

Thanks for the advice. Trust me i will never get me a 4 stroke. To me 4 strokes are for people that can not ride 2 strokes(they cant keep it in the right powerband). 
"Let there be light"

Offline IceRacer

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 06:05:32 AM »
well i guess people that ride 4 strokes are not real riders :-P

Offline BDI

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 08:29:21 AM »
I love my 4t  :-D I can leave my house ride 60+ miles on a 2.2 gallon tank and hit any gas station with in 500 feet of the desert to fill up. It's a big notch over any dirt bike I have ever owned as far as feedom goes.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline alward25

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 09:48:09 AM »
They are real riders until the 4T breaks and they buy a cheap 2T until they can pay to fix or part out the 4 stroke. :roll:
well i guess people that ride 4 strokes are not real riders :-P
"Let there be light"

Offline madmick

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 11:42:09 AM »
fellas fellas come on now keep it real, i think what he meant is 2stroke riders ride on the edge more as thats how there designed to be ridden, higher revs in the power band, as per 4strokes lower revs and not as abrupt, so it is a more controlable ride, not on the edge as much.?.

Offline IceRacer

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 01:49:56 PM »
fellas fellas come on now keep it real, i think what he meant is 2stroke riders ride on the edge more as thats how there designed to be ridden, higher revs in the power band, as per 4strokes lower revs and not as abrupt, so it is a more controlable ride, not on the edge as much.?.
Yepp we can go with that

Offline BDI

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 01:43:08 AM »
I love Motorcycles. You know about ten years ago I pulled an old trail 90 out from the side of the house and got it running. My buddy Nate and I spent hours ridding it around the hood and had s**t eating grins on are faces the whole time even though my daily ride was gsxr1100 and my weekend ride was a kx500.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 02:49:40 AM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 02:27:14 AM »
hey iceracer seen your flip on your 125,i am the mono king down here in australia 2010 monster kx 500 afx registered and can do 1-2 kms on my back wheel on the road easy,some advice 4 ya,now you know your flipping point (angle of bike where all hope is lost) you will start to do better monos,you need to get your angle back a few more degrees and just do smoother smaller surges with your throttle,you have to be able to do that to start changing your gears,and you will find that you will feel more comfortable lifting it up higher as you have more control and your bike is not reefing it front wheel up and down (heaps dangerous) as per your video clip,as 1 surge of juice to much and your gone,i know it sounds silly but if you bring your bike back further its a lot safer..a good wheelstander is always a good rider as balance control on your back wheel takes a bit of practise and transferes to your riding,when you mono your 5hunghy you dont need to bring it as far back (power monos) as the power will help keep smooth,..good luck..i race my bike down here on flat tracks,youse mob call them dirt tracks,and my bikes just lifts up during the starts (mono the whole straight)and i can keep it there and still beat all of them 2010 4strokes 450s to the 1st corner,every start to if i dont back it off..sorry we took over 1 of your posts as well,..1 eyed 2stroke bloke..down under..hate 4 strokes.dont ask me why..oh yeah go back to your other post and youl see..stay with the 2s too dude..good luck with your racing and remember ride safe..madmick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRkLUQQvVZY&feature=related
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:38:39 AM by ID KX500 »
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline IceRacer

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 05:31:01 AM »

Offline madmick

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 08:19:30 PM »
uhmmmm, i think he meant if we fear the 4 strokes it will lead to distrust, hatred, dehumanization, then "death" monicas lewinskis boyfriend said, billy whatshisname?.!! were gunna die for sum reason !!.?.and that yoda was saying (he wants us to suffer for sum reason) before we get scared,angry and hate sum1.("4strokes i gather')? similar..bit rough fellas.?. crikey..!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 07:32:20 PM by madmick »

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 11:54:53 PM »
always but always cover the back brake.It saves you any time the red mist takes over.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 02:14:59 AM »
i think he meant if we fear the 4 strokes it will lead to distrust, hatred, dehumanization, then "death" monicas lewinskis boyfriend said it billy whatshisname?.were gunna die for sum reason..?.and that yoda was saying (he wants us to suffer for sum reason) similar..bit rough fellas.?. crikey..!
always but always cover the back brake.It saves you any time the red mist takes over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRkLUQQvVZY&feature=related
i dont get it lol
[/quote]

Very perceptive madmick. Truth is I was looking for a Yoda quote for you IceRacer that would tell you to let the force guide you to that sweet spot on the back wheel. Instead found the other reference, I thought applied to the smack down on the 4t.

I was once as critical of the 4t but have risen to a higher consciousness, and now know that some just need more time to get rid of their exhaust, clean out the cylinder, before getting fired up again. I know, I should be leaving the philosophical to Tuck.
"Endeavor to persevere."