Author Topic: busted ma leg  (Read 6661 times)

Offline BDI

busted ma leg
« on: May 28, 2010, 02:20:08 PM »
Nothing cool but i guess I will tell you guys anyway, this should give 560 something to smile about  :lol: :lol: :lol:. I was walking down the staires with a quilt in my hands. I was on the third step from the bottom when I miss stepped, I started to twist my left ankle so I instinctively tried to switch my weight to my right foot. My foot took off across the top of the steps like Bubba over whoops all the way down to the landing. When my foot hit the bottom my fibula snapped and my foot broke off the bottom of my leg. I rolled over, sat up and my foot was 90 degrees to my leg so I grabbed my foot and put it back where it belonged.Luckily I was home alone so no help :|. My wife was 45 minutes away at a concert. I called my buddy Rick who was at dinner, It takes him 25 minutes to get to me. Come to find out it's pretty hard to get up off the living room floor and into the back seat of a lifted f150 with a blowed up ankle, I pretty much had to cowboy up on that one. Anyway they say I need surgery, does anyone make cool crutches, I'm thinking of building my own.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline k5abuser

Re: busted ma leg
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 04:23:36 PM »
try some old revalved kx 500 forks . the ones off an 84 work the best i hear . softer valving , lighter and longer . sorry to hear it . i hope you heal soon . good luck
race gas is fast but Q16 hauls azz.i still ride because i am not ready to have been that fast. i ride a kx500 because they don't make a kx600!ck k5abuser on youtube

Offline Rooster452

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 03:24:05 PM »
Nothing to smile about that..... Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 09:08:14 AM »
 :-(
 Sorry to hear that Man,
 Hope you have a speedy recovery B.  I'll put in a good word for you with "The Boss"
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 02:23:33 PM »
WHOA! :-o that really sucks man. guess you'll have to wait till hot weather to ride again. get better soon.

Offline BDI

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 02:48:09 PM »
WHOA! :-o that really sucks man. guess you'll have to wait till hot weather to ride again. get better soon.
I'll be riding before I'm walking with out crutches I can promise you that. Luckily it's my right foot and you don't really need to use the rear brake on the street bike. The dirt bike is a different story but will see. thanks for the support.

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 03:00:40 PM »
Brian
Maybe you can let 560 use your bike for the summer since his is down.

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 03:06:13 PM »
Brian
:lol: :-D :lol: :-D :lol: :-D

Offline BDI

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 04:04:33 AM »
Brian
I wouldn't mind but i'm sure my bike wouldn't be no where near fast enough for him.

Offline don46

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 02:22:06 AM »
now that SUCKS, of all things a quilt. I'm sure there have been many times you've said man was I lucky as you walked away from what should have been an ugly situation.

I don't know how many of you remember Super Hunky, Rick Sieman, his son used to work for Pro Circuit, and while jumping off the roof into the swiming pool kinda missed and broke his leg. Since he had a supply of suspension parts he custom built a set of crutches with little shocks in each leg.

Good luck with the broken leg
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline BDI

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 04:11:34 AM »
now that SUCKS, of all things a quilt. I'm sure there have been many times you've said man was I lucky as you walked away from what should have been an ugly situation.

I don't know how many of you remember Super Hunky, Rick Sieman, his son used to work for Pro Circuit, and while jumping off the roof into the swiming pool kinda missed and broke his leg. Since he had a supply of suspension parts he custom built a set of crutches with little shocks in each leg.

Good luck with the broken leg
I know right :roll: stupid quilt. I never have been much of a walker, I need wheels under me. Well I'm off to surgery :-o I check into the hospital 11:00, surgery is at 1:00 and should take about three hours. I may stay the night but not sure :|. Well take it easy all, hopefully this crap goes good.

Offline barryadam

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 04:12:59 AM »
Look on the bright side...

your bike did not get damaged in this crash.  You can heal, but repairs to the bike take $$.   :lol:

Do you think your insurance would cover Titanium Ankles?

http://www.anklejoint.com/content/newsletter_details.asp?ArticleID=10

Get well soon.
"I hate heli-coils. They are like hospice for motorcycle parts."- BDI

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 04:31:13 AM »
sounds like your going to be sportin' some titanium hardware in those bones of yours. well, i hope all goes well for you. kind of weird, i'm getting the cast cut off my wrist in a couple days just as your getting a cast put on. hhmmmmmmm. you get any sick time from work?

Offline bigbellybob

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 06:08:18 AM »
i think this is cool. they take the metal that was holding your bones together and make jewerlry out of it.

http://www.skeletalmetal.com/
IF RIDING IS OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL RIDE

sponsor
http://www.steelmx.com/

Offline BDI

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 09:09:52 AM »
thanks guys 8-) Bob I will have two long screwes that come back out of the ankle in twelve week, they might make a cool ring. Mad doggy how is the wrist doing did you have to have surgery on that :| I don't remember. I tell you what my leg feels like it got ran over by a D4 dozer and the grouser got me right in the side of the lower leg.