Author Topic: ratbastard 500 intro  (Read 1582 times)

Offline ratbastard 500

ratbastard 500 intro
« on: May 10, 2010, 03:29:16 AM »
Hi, I live in san diego ca. and I just picked up my first kawi,I have ridden bikes most of my life ( i'm 45) but I guess you could say I was married to Honda, currently I have a 1992 and a 1997 cr 500, and an 88 trx 250r. I love my bikes . Over the weekend I traded a 1994 xr 600 for a 1994 kx 500. It needs a top end, no problem I enjoy working on bikes. Anyways the guy I traded said it was one of Larry Roeslers bikes I thought ya, ya, ya. But when I got home I checked a little more closely and I now believe him as the frame is #  000011, so to me that adds credability to what he said. I doubt it makes any difference who owned it but to me it adds a little something to it. Anyways I'm going to tear the whole thing apart and make it like new again. I have until October I figure, until riding season comes back around ( it's to hot in the desert for me). So thanks for letting me into the kx world and I know I will find this site and it's members very useful. So thanks again That's about it.

Offline DoldGuy

Re: ratbastard 500 intro
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 03:57:05 AM »
Welcome Rat,

Another way to quickly confirm if it was a L.R. Bike is look at the clutch cover, if it is a 2 piece design it belonged to someone special! After you get your 10 post, you can show us some pics of that thing!

Traded a Red Bike for a Green one, its amazing how wise we get with age  :-D

DoldGuy
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: ratbastard 500 intro
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 04:26:24 AM »
Hey RB 500,
 Welcome,  There is plenty here to sift through on the KX5.  please don't hesitate to post up any snags you might encounter along the way.   
  Tuck\o/   
"The Truth Has No Agenda"