Author Topic: Local Rebuild  (Read 2591 times)

mjscore

Local Rebuild
« on: March 05, 2004, 01:09:26 AM »
I'm going to have my motor totally rebuilt in April and was wondering if there is a good place to have it done. I live near the Bay Area in California. Also what does it roughly cost for a full rebuild(including balancing the crank)?

Rick

Local Rebuild
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 03:27:20 AM »
wow, to have someone do the rebuild is going to cost you some cash.  I would expect to spend about $400 in labor plus parts.  Maybe it's time for a paper on rebuilding the bottom end as well...

teamgreen500

Local Rebuild
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 10:02:07 AM »
p.m. me. I might be able to help out with the rebuild. Need to know what year and what engine mod's you've got.

Manny

mikesmith

Local Rebuild
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 09:43:57 PM »
Rick,I think theres enough questions about rebuilding a lower end that we'd be glad to have you write up a paper on that when you have time.You always make it easy to understand in detail on your "how to's'!

woodsy

Local Rebuild
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 09:31:58 AM »
COME ON RICK!!!!  I have bike dismantled for its first new piston and I am considering having the crank balanced while it is down..  THIS WOULD BE PERFECT TIMING!!!
GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Local Rebuild
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 04:41:15 AM »
As mentioned in a post I just finished writing, I am rebuilding the motor this week.  I will include everything except changing the rod, as this really needs to be done by someone who can get it right the first time.  I have set up rods before, but you need some special tools and skills, so let's let others take this step.  

Unfortunately, I won't have all the parts to complete the rebuild until Saturday, so the post won't come until next week.

Rick