Author Topic: 1983 Kawi KZ 305 csr  (Read 1789 times)

Offline GDubb

1983 Kawi KZ 305 csr
« on: April 02, 2010, 04:37:03 AM »
I know alot of you guys on here are into street bikes as well. A friend of mine has been restoring this bike from the ground up but says he doesnt have the time for it anymore so I can HAVE it if I want it. Here is what I know about it so far... It was parked 3 years ago. Ran great but had some electrical issues. Now the gas tank is rusted out so it needs a new tank or some serious patch work, the electrical is still messed up, but I'm told its not in altogether bad shape just needs to be gone through and cleaned up. The stator may be bad, but it comes with two used ones that may be good. My friend has only gotten it to turn over since he's had it but never had it complete enough to get it running. The bike was stripped bare, frame painted and chrome cleaned up, and is nearly complete again, minus the tank obviously, and seat. Also has a clear title. Ive never had a street bike, but have wanted to get one for years, and have always wanted to build a cafe style bike. I figure if all goes well this would be a good starter bike for both. I just dont want to end up with more junk. This friend is not the most mechanically inclined person so I'm thinking finishing this project would be alot easier for me then it has been for him. I just wanted to get some opinions from some of you guys that have more experience on these older street bikes and see what you guys think or some ideas on what else I should consider before having this thing delivered and being stuck with it.

-G
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

Offline smithy

Re: 1983 Kawi KZ 305 csr
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 03:08:09 AM »
some pics of the bike would be handy    it sounds a little rough around the edges

but if your mate is going to give it to you for free   then there is no such thing as a bad free bike

good luck on the resto