Author Topic: k5 clutch issues  (Read 9555 times)

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: k5 clutch issues
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2010, 04:19:48 AM »
 Thanks Bro, if you only knew how long it takes me to hunt & peck (single digit typist), scan & crop and post and correct you would laugh yer butt off... :|
    ...JFab said something to the effect of Just Alot of HOT AIR :-o

Pic's worth a thousand words...

The backside of the outer (large) basket is the same for the 500 & 250

You should be able to see larger images here:
http://www.kxriders.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=259&pos=7

http://www.kxriders.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=259&pos=11

This last page has a pic/detail of the backside of the large basket/thrust washer /bushing/needle bearing

http://www.kxriders.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=259&pos=12

Tuck\o/
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 05:39:16 AM by Friar-Tuck »
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline BDI

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2010, 04:25:49 AM »
I would like to add that impact guns are for taking bikes appart and torque wrenches are for putting them back together.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline 98kaw500rider

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2010, 08:05:21 AM »
OMG  :-o , Thank you guys so much! Issues are now fixed and Tuck i really want to thank you , this really had me stumped . Really thank you again. I would like to add that a buddy of mine was kinda misleading me in this and insisting that i used a impact on it.
Thanks again !

Offline barryadam

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2010, 08:21:03 AM »
I would like to add that impact guns are for taking bikes appart and torque wrenches are for putting them back together.

I thought it was:

Dremel cut-off wheels => apart
Visa/Master Card  => together
"I hate heli-coils. They are like hospice for motorcycle parts."- BDI

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2010, 09:13:39 AM »
   The other guys were asking the important questions and providing the entertainment to boot.
  All I did was post pic's, and you are more than welcome.   I know what its like being at wits end with something but don't want to give up.  Hey, I been married twenty-one years to the same woman.... I'm tellin' you these guys have been a great help to me. 
        I'm sure your buddy had the best intentions, maybe he had the darn thing come apart on himself and didn't want the same thing to happen to you.             I hope nobody really gets too awful ticked off at the chiding and stuff.   
  This is one of the few places it doesn't get outright nasty unless "someone has it comin' ".
       Tuck\o/

Now what about the three wheeler that won't start cold without a tow....... :lol:
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline BDI

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2010, 01:07:46 PM »
Tuck, I try real hard to be nice I swear. 98 Im glad you got it figured out  :lol: impact guns are an invaluable tool but if missused they can cost you a fortun. There are a lot of things on a bike that can get screwed up by a toque wrench that is out of calibration. Even a 3/8 drive inpact gun is more then capable of screwing up 90% of things on your bike.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 01:14:23 PM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline 98kaw500rider

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2010, 08:43:46 AM »
Issue solved , I had the center nut torqued down to much with the impact . It would not let the center move freely when not in gear. Just got done putting it back together but its cold , raining , and windy here in Ohio so i'll have to wait to test ride it.
Thanks guys
That does not make any sense to me. It seems to me like something still not right,You should be able to tighten that bolt until you strip the threads and not cause it to stop turning.
Yea . I know now