Author Topic: Stock Pipe  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Rd

Stock Pipe
« on: March 07, 2010, 05:16:01 AM »
How does the stock pipe compare to the aftermarket pipes (FMF fatty,PC).
Is it a decent pipe? I did a search and did not find a lot of info on the stock exhuast.

Thanks Roger

Offline greencannon

Re: Stock Pipe
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 02:24:50 PM »
I have both Gnarly desert, and gnarly woods pipe and have ridden KX with Pro Circut pipe.Although the aftermarkets seemed to help a little on the top end,  I think the stocker produced the most usable tractor-like power out of all of them and really liked it alot. But it weighs a ton compared to the other three, and is really expensive from Kawasaki.

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 04:18:39 PM »
It may be expensive from Kawasaki but everyone always wants the bling pipes so you can find them in decent to new shape all day. Factory may not look as pretty but they can take a better beating than aftermarket ones. Not many people actually know what top end is like not only on the big bores but any bike. If you're in the woods and a tight technical track I would suggest the factory pipe for the out of the hole torque. If you're playing in the dunes or on a large track I'd run aftermarket.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline blueoval

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 05:32:54 PM »
Roger send me a PM if you are interested in a stock pipe and silencer.  ted
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is JUST RIGHT!  B.O.

Offline Rd

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 11:52:54 PM »
Thanks for the info. I should have a stock pipe soon that was only $40. My 1990 K5 rebuild is on a tight budget, the wife is not aware I have another project. Just more parts around the garage :-D

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 02:24:37 AM »
Good deal. :D
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.