Author Topic: part identification help  (Read 3200 times)

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
part identification help
« on: February 09, 2010, 04:47:12 AM »
many of you will know this already, but i thought id put it on for new members and anyone that hasnt discovered it yet.
when looking for parts or the way things fit together, go to kawasaki.com
http://www.kawasaki.com/DefaultFrame.aspx?strContentUrl=/SITE/VIVEHICLEINFORMATION/VICHOOSEVEHICLE.ASP
 and choose owners info, then part diagrams, select your model, then select year.
this will give you exploded part diagrams and part number lists for each system on the required model, and by clicking on the full part number in the lower box, it will tell you whether the part is active or discontinued.however, even though a part may say discontinued, that simply means it isnt being supplied anymore. your local kwak dealer may still have the discontinued part knocking about from when it was current, so its always worth phoning round and checking.
go to it........ :wink:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 07:28:42 AM by KX500Rider »
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline RoostDaddy

Re: part identification help
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 07:38:09 AM »
good job Kwak, this is what I use too when looking up parts.  Another good one is Bike Bandit because you can look up any additional brands of machines you might also have.  plus they give what the price is (reasonably).
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
KX 500 Rider

Offline Purpletj

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 03:08:22 PM »
Here is the one i use. Cheapest I have found for factory parts.

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/makes/2-kawasaki/years
"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours. That's relativity." -- Albert Einstein

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 02:35:11 AM »
purpletj, the cheap cycle parts seems to be pretty good.do they keep everything in stock, ie it says you can get a complete crank assmbly, and it doesnt say discontinued or laughing down the phone like when you ask kawasaki for the same part. pretty freakin awesome if they do, nice one..... :-D
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''

Offline Purpletj

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 12:59:41 PM »
purpletj, the cheap cycle parts seems to be pretty good.do they keep everything in stock, ie it says you can get a complete crank assmbly, and it doesnt say discontinued or laughing down the phone like when you ask kawasaki for the same part. pretty freakin awesome if they do, nice one..... :-D

I  put together a list of 20 or so items. They had everything but the kx500 labels on the swingarm. They seem to have quite a bit in stock.
"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours. That's relativity." -- Albert Einstein

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 08:40:37 PM »
i think ive just wet myself.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 03:56:09 AM »
K Wak,
 I couldn't find these at the previous site, however you can find somethin along these lines to help...
http://www.us.depend.com/Male/Incontinence-Products/ProductDetailMaleGuards.aspxg
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 06:19:59 AM »
I found this site. It's a lot like bike bandit but the prices are better on most things I have looked at. http://www.powersedge.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/9/Kawasaki.aspx?gclid=CPDv2teV4p8CFRTyDAodEybrIA
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 01:07:08 AM »
nice one tuck o, does it cover spontaneous orgasm juice too? :-D