Author Topic: RAD Wheels  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Charlie500

RAD Wheels
« on: February 06, 2010, 04:03:16 AM »
I bought a set of these wheels and didn't have much luck at all with the quality. The bearings wore out and spun in the back hub in less than 4 rides.... The company is charging me 120 dollars to replace the back hub, They would not just give me my money back... I would not recomend anybody to purchase these wheels... I had to miss two weeks of riding/training to get ready for the cross country season here in northern california because of the whole mess... Horrible quality and worse customer service...
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Offline demographic

Re: RAD Wheels
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 09:35:40 AM »
I bought a set of these wheels and didn't have much luck at all with the quality. The bearings wore out and spun in the back hub in less than 4 rides.... The company is charging me 120 dollars to replace the back hub, They would not just give me my money back... I would not recomend anybody to purchase these wheels... I had to miss two weeks of riding/training to get ready for the cross country season here in northern california because of the whole mess... Horrible quality and worse customer service...

I've seen them advertised and liked the look of them, I've got Talons on one of mine anyway but its worth knowing RADs product support is woefully inadequate.

Motorrad

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 09:49:03 AM »
To their defence. They were overly helpfull when they sent me the wrong spacers for my 91k5. (sent me newer k5 ones).   They went out of their way to make me a set for 91 as they didn't offer them.   At no charge to me overthe cost of the original set.  They don't make the bearings. They can't control failure.  But they should have takencare of you better than they did!!

Offline don46

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 09:37:21 AM »
Rad makes several styles of hub, the Hex seem to be pretty durable with no problems, I think your talking about the elite series, I too had problems with the bearings spinning in the hub, I think the design actually causes the spacer to tool block onto the outer race causing the bearing to spin. the tolerance on the spacer does not allow for enough clearance between the spacer and the bearing during flex.
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline Charlie500

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 12:35:05 PM »
I just blew through another set of bearings.... That is my third set and my second rear hub, and i am only on my second set of tires....
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster