Author Topic: piston Identification and resto pics.  (Read 2911 times)

Offline Purpletj

piston Identification and resto pics.
« on: January 23, 2010, 07:12:02 AM »
The top of the piston says 95-410. There are no other markings. Any help would be appreciated.
Bike is a 96 Kx5. Here are a couple teaser pics of my restore.
The very last picture is old. I have since taken the swingarm off to have it sandblasted.
And also. received my head from larry. His workmanship is top notch. This thing looks factory made.
"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours. That's relativity." -- Albert Einstein

Offline flyingfitz

Re: piston Identification and resto pics.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 07:24:18 AM »
where did you get the hardware kit and how much did it cost?  is this stainless?

Offline Purpletj

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 09:29:31 AM »
It is a stainless kit. I purchased  it on ebay. The guy builds the kits for specific bikes. He packages and labels everything. I paid 120 or so with shipping. Has to be one of the best things I ever did. If you do purchase, allways remember to use loctite.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWASAKI-KX500-KX-500-384-PC-STAINLESS-BOLT-KIT-89-04_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cec3bdda8QQitemZ330380860840QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 09:34:14 AM by Purpletj »
"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours. That's relativity." -- Albert Einstein

Offline flyingfitz

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 03:28:23 PM »
Thanks.  Thats the same kit I was looking at.  I just havent decided if I want to spend the extra cash for stainless.

Fitz

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 12:36:53 AM »
It is a stainless kit. I purchased  it on ebay. The guy builds the kits for specific bikes. He packages and labels everything. I paid 120 or so with shipping. Has to be one of the best things I ever did. If you do purchase, allways remember to use loctite.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWASAKI-KX500-KX-500-384-PC-STAINLESS-BOLT-KIT-89-04_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cec3bdda8QQitemZ330380860840QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Have you had a chance to compare the kit bolts to the factory bolts? Just wondering if they are exacty the same size and length. Need more feed back about the bolt kit. Nice project thanks for sharing.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline jfabmotorsports.com

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 01:31:09 AM »
Word to the wise...use antisieze on every stainless bolt that has a stainless nut on it. If not you will most likly never get them apart.
Don't just float through life, make waves!

Offline YUNGGUNNAZ

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 02:12:01 AM »
looks like wiseco markings.

Offline Purpletj

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 03:05:30 AM »

Have you had a chance to compare the kit bolts to the factory bolts? Just wondering if they are exacty the same size and length. Need more feed back about the bolt kit. Nice project thanks for sharing.

every bolt I have come across has been the correct size so far.

Offline Purpletj

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 03:06:17 AM »
Word to the wise...use antisieze on every stainless bolt that has a stainless nut on it. If not you will most likly never get them apart.

Correct.. Loctite aswell.

Offline Purpletj

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 03:08:20 AM »
looks like wiseco markings.

I measured at 86mm. Just was wondering about the numbers stamped.