Author Topic: Cycra bashbars  (Read 2788 times)

kawdude

Cycra bashbars
« on: February 18, 2004, 12:13:50 PM »
I rec'd a set of Cycra bashbars recently.  These are the ones that mount to the triple clamp and the end of the bar.  The adapter on the triple clamp requires that I switch out the 4 bolts for longer allen head bolts.  Where do I get these bolts?  Biga$$ metric allen head bolts in a quanity of 4ea. don't appear to be easily available.  Suggestions???

The kaw website lists the current bolts as 8X40 so I need a 8x50 or 8x60???

toddwunsch

Cycra bashbars
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 07:36:19 PM »
Not sure where you are from..  Here in So Cal, there's a hardware outlet called McFadden Dale located in Santa Ana.  They've got those, and every other bolt imangeinable...

kawdude

Cycra bashbars
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 09:12:48 AM »
I'm from Illinois and I don't know of many places that sell metric bolts although I'm sure they're around.  I did settle on a place called http://www.boltdepot.com .  I have know idea what will happen.  The bolts should be the right size but I have no idea if the thread pitch will be the same.  Thanks for the suggestion!

http://www.boltdepot.com

gmtexas

Cycra bashbars
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 01:40:53 PM »
I purchased some metric bolts at Lowes recently. I am not sure about the grade. I have been told that all bolts including their grading "strength" markings are cheaply reproduced over seas. I would not recommend these bolts for high stress areas. I prefer OEM bolts for places that hold my bike together even though they cost more. Have you ever seen someone land so hard off a jump it took 2 hours to put it together enough to be towed. :roll:

kawdude

Cycra bashbars
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 04:25:13 PM »
I've use bolts from lowes with good success.  I do agree not to use them for high stress areas but really a bolt is a bolt if the grades can be matched.  The problem here is there aren't OEM bolts for this.  I had a choice between steel and stainless and I went with the steel for this application because they were of a harder grade.

Offline bigborefan

Cycra bashbars
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 07:37:13 AM »
TekBolt.com can fix you up. They even have titanius if you want it. I have the same setup and I am running 45mm bolts.
2006 KTM 300XC
1994 KX 500 x 2
1991 KX 500
1988 KX 250