Author Topic: Looking for some advice, What would you do?  (Read 6416 times)

Offline suicyde

Looking for some advice, What would you do?
« on: January 01, 2010, 11:38:36 AM »
So I am new to the Kx500 scene, I've been building a hill climber for about 2 years now. Last year I saved my money, sold some excess and splurged for a very expensive engine. (most of the complete KX500's in the classifieds are half what I spent on this motor.) All this transpired in october of last year. So fast forward 1 year 2 months, and I still have no engine, and I can't get a hold of the guy. No email response, no phone calls. (he lives 1600 miles away) I feel I made a huge mistake in paying for the engine in full, I feel like I have been taken, and I don't know what to do.

What would you do?

Motorrad

Re: Looking for some advice, What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 01:06:39 PM »
We all live lots of places.    Where is the guy at?

Offline JohnJr

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 01:57:05 PM »
Well that was a costly lesson but it is still some honest people left in this world,sometimes you have to investigate a person credentials. A year later you might as well forget it and start over,good luck

stewart

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 03:01:30 PM »
the motor  suicydes  talking about is at my shop ...  i  just returned his e mial it has taken longer than it should have by a several days  ... i have had a tremndous work load and made a number of changes  to what i wanted him to have    ...i went in to the shop at 3 am yesterday  morning did not get off till 7 pm at night no breaks ... back in at 7 this morning  a little over whelming ,,,.....i  had been in  comuncation with him during this time  a number  of times and he wanted crank stuffers and other things we have done  so as to be as good as can be ,,i have had to hire 3 more people at my shop to help with this problem....i could not agree more its taken  a while  .....but had also talked a  number of times and had to work thru a number of the up grades on my end
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 03:41:07 PM by stewart »

stewart

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »
So I am new to the Kx500 scene, I've been building a hill climber for about 2 years now. Last year I saved my money, sold some excess and splurged for a very expensive engine. (most of the complete KX500's in the classifieds are half what I spent on this motor.) All this transpired in october of last year. So fast forward 1 year 2 months, and I still have no engine, and I can't get a hold of the guy. No email response, no phone calls. (he lives 1600 miles away) I feel I made a huge mistake in paying for the engine in full, I feel like I have been taken, and I don't know what to do.

What would you do?
sorry i did not return latest e mial  yet and i was not aware you had called  some days at shop phone rings one call into next for hours on end  and i am typing tickets or returning e mials or some other multi task and its a bit much been giong in real early to get motor assmbly done before onslaught begins with new help i hope to change this,,
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 03:40:05 PM by stewart »

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 05:02:55 AM »
Suicyde,
Sorry to hear of your situation & now knowing who has your motor I can assure you that it will be delivered as he is a Good, Honest fellow & would not let a $ compromise his integrity. Have met a few guys on this forum that I would speak the same of & by your Diplomatic Post it seems you are probably like them. You have been patient waiting this time & maybe this will move your engine up on the priority list.

Hope this offers some comfort until then!
DoldGuy
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline RoostDaddy

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 10:17:31 AM »
First off, I would hope you get what you paid for.  Maybe with the delay, you will get more than you bargained for.  With Stewarts credability on this site, I would say you will get your motor back.  Sorry to hear about the delay, I would be bummed if I had to miss a full year of racing.  I just hope the end result is worth the wait.
Remember, good things dont come easy.  Keep your head up, ROOST
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.

Offline cbxracer30

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 11:10:26 AM »
Well you know they say good things come to those who wait. Lets hope. I don't think there is any doubt you'll get your motor back from Stewart. When I first started reading this post I thought maybe you sent your motor off to Fueltech because I heard those guys closed up and took alot of peoples money even some of my friends. It sounds like the motor your wiating for is going to have all of the trick parts that a lot of guys would kill for so it should be worth the wait.CBX
Yep, you can ride it - if YOU can start it !!

stewart

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 12:14:43 PM »
when i first started on this motor i was just starting to work on the crank stuffers i should have never mentiond the stuffers to  any one or that we were building them...i was just exited ,,they turned up to be a bite of a project  many changes lots of testing and more than a simple bolt in they appear  so i had wanted to make them and some others things for suicydes motor as he wanted the fastest motor i could make on the 3 wheeler one of the changes was getting a compresion release that would allow the comprsion ratio of 15 to one to  be kickable   on a 3 wheeler,,,could have done motor in short order but was concerned about some of my mods bieng fully tested ...i  learned a leason here i dont talk about what i am working on untill i am done with and tested..  for the record he has been very patiant  and also for the record i always go extra mile....i will be sending him his motor shortly that was his mojo pipe we had tested a while back

Offline Larry Wiechman

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 12:59:23 PM »
one of the changes was getting a compresion release that would allow the comprsion ratio of 15 to one to  be kickable on a 3 wheeler

Did you lose my phone number? :-D
 About 2 day turnaround.

Larry

stewart

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 01:29:10 PM »
one of the changes was getting a compresion release that would allow the comprsion ratio of 15 to one to  be kickable on a 3 wheeler

Did you lose my phone number? :-D
 About 2 day turnaround.

Larry
no.. i have got it

Offline Larry Wiechman

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 01:36:06 PM »

Just goof'n with ya!

Motorrad

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 01:45:29 PM »
 Being that my motor started the entire "stuffer" thing... Ive been in the loop for most of the R&D for them...  It was a very bumpy ride of tooling, and trial and error, and VERY generous donations of time by his father...

There was alot more Trial and error to them than he ever let on to the site...

Stewart is an honest guy... You will get your motor... Dont fret...

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 02:24:44 PM »
i have noticed that stewart has been scarce around here lately, this motor must be the explanation. spending mega amounts of time on one thing. i have not done any business with stewart personaly but from pictures i have seen and articles and posts by him and about him, i would say you will get top quality work done by a top quality guy. after all, he did build the WORLDS FASTEST DIRTBIKE!

MADDOGGY

Offline demographic

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 08:07:02 PM »
The problem with developing something new is that there's trial and error involved, that takes time.

From everything Stuart has shown on this site I get the feeling that he won't just chuck any old product out of his shop without making sure its as good as he can get it.