Author Topic: Gear Shifter  (Read 1713 times)

Offline serafin

Gear Shifter
« on: December 23, 2009, 07:38:52 AM »
Hi everyone. Are there any members out there that are using a aftermarket gear shift lever?  Here is my problem.  I just recently bought a new pair of boots and with most of todays modern boots the toe and sides are wraped in plastic. I am having a hard time adjusting to the feel of the shift lever.  I have adjusted it up a notch but feel that I need a longer lever to accomodate a larger boot.  I know that there are several aftermarket levers out there IMS, MRS ect.. So who is using a aftermarket lever and how much longer is it than stock?

Thanks everyone and Happy Holidays

Serafin

Offline don46

Re: Gear Shifter
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 08:16:01 AM »
your probably feeling the effects of new boots, once you get them broke in usually it goes away, key word "usually". Every time I get new boots nothing feels right, can't find the brake, shifter just feel uncomfortable.
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline sandman540

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 10:04:48 AM »
i put an ims shift lever on for that exact reason and there is no difference in length at all. exactly stock length. hope that helps.   sandman

Offline PowerFiend

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 04:10:01 AM »
I have a shifter for like a 92-93 KX and KDX that I had bought for a KDX I had at one time, and when comparing with the 500 was the same spline and basic shape but like 1/8 to 1/4 longer. It is from MSR.