Author Topic: Carnegie closed  (Read 1727 times)

Offline teamwsr

Carnegie closed
« on: December 16, 2009, 09:49:54 AM »
Don't know how many of you are from the bay area, but just wondering if you heard the news. An Alameda county judge ruled on Monday to close the park untill they clean up the metal content in the water. There is a few articles out all ready and from what I here through the grapevine they are still open right now but the future is uncertain. This really sucks, we ride there often and compete in all the hillclimbs. Hopefully this will end in our favor.

Ron

Offline ShadeTreeFab

Re: Carnegie closed
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 12:43:16 PM »
that sucks i love that place.

Offline teamwsr

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 11:00:39 AM »
Just got an update from George(he puts on the hillclimbs with Skip) and Carnegie will be closed as of Dec. 28th until at least the Spring. All hillclimbs are suspened for now until further notice. Man this really stinks. The best thing we can do is call or write your local represanative and voice our opinion. This will be a big victory for the eco-nuts and they will keep on trying to close more land.

Ron

Offline ShadeTreeFab

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 01:19:48 PM »

Offline ShadeTreeFab

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 03:42:48 PM »
team,  if my parts come in tomorrow I'm going to try to go the 24th or 26th

Offline teamwsr

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 02:52:41 AM »
Just want to give everyone the update. I rode with Skip and George yesterday and things are still definitely uncertain at Carnegie. There is a big rally at the park between 11-1 on Monday the 28th. Over 8,000 people have signed the petition so hopefully there will be alot of people. The local news is coming so hopefully the message will get out.

http://www.carnegieforever.org/ here is the link to what's going on