Author Topic: Color Suggestions  (Read 5683 times)

kawdude

Color Suggestions
« on: February 10, 2004, 01:14:52 PM »
All,
Give me some suggestions on what color I should paint my frame?  It's currently Kaw green and it's time for a change.  I would like to do a TI type color grayish gold but what's everyone think?

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Color Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 02:13:33 PM »
I saw one the last time I was in Glamis that had a Kawi green frame with a black krinkle finish on top of that. Bad ass looking :twisted:

teamgreen500

Color Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 03:44:58 PM »
2002 Works Flo-Green Frame w/ Black Rear fender, seat and tank. Flo-Green Shrouds and Front fender. White Front and Side plates. White Tank for "Off-Road" models...it's not like I've thought about this much...or that I've got an assortment of plastic that I've been "Check-Fitting"...BTW...you can "Adapt" a '99-'00 250 Rear Fender; but, it takes a bit of customizing...

It'll look a bit like the current Pro-Circuit Team bikes with a little more of a "Works Kawi" flair!

We need to have a discussion about a "PitBull-Racing" Graphics Kit w/ an American Flag back-ground on tank/Shrouds and Front plate...maybe rear fender, too. Maybe an animated American Troop jumping outta a Helicopter on the fender or shroud Graphics?

Manny

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Color Suggestions
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 04:22:54 PM »
In response to Manny:

I have been in contact with the guys @ extreme graphics and they are more than willing to create any graphics we want, they don't have access to a KX500 SOOOOO, I need to get them the measurements etc... of what we're after.

teamgreen500

Color Suggestions
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 04:51:25 PM »
Do they need a Bike OR just the plastic? I could ship the plastic to them Post-Haste...

Manny

teamgreen500

Color Suggestions
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 04:53:44 PM »
BTW,

Please see my post about "Plastic for Pitbull Members" in "Maint. & Tech." I'm looking into getting us Body-Work for a better than usual price.

Manny

mikesmith

Color Suggestions
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2004, 08:09:41 PM »
Since its Pitbull-Racing I think we need a pitbull on it,we should look at graghics that have already been used on the 500,like the old Price racing team had(veary cool) as a starting point.Maybe an American flag.But we have members from around the world,so would that be fair?I think a die cut window sticker"Pit-bull racing.com" for your bike or truck would be also cool and help put Pitbull's name out there.

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Color Suggestions
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2004, 12:18:16 AM »
Manny, what they asked for was to fax them an actual size tracing of the graphics patterns. From there we can decide on what to put on them.

teamgreen500

Color Suggestions
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2004, 02:49:39 AM »
I'll send them an FMF set if that works? Or maybe just the backings?

About Flags...

We've got A LOT of folks out there Doin' The Job on behalf of the U.N. (Or, What the U.N. shoulda done)...HOWEVER...that's my B!TCH.

I'd like to see the U.S. Flag as the back-ground and I rationalize that based on the Home/Founding of the Forum...Once again, I may have my head "IN" the wrong place...

70 Flags? "COALITION"?

Manny

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Color Suggestions
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2004, 02:54:46 AM »
I'm not here to get into the political end of things BUT, I'm down for some USA graphics for the big KX :wink:

Manny, I'm going to send you the contact information for Extreme if you wouldn't mind taking point with those guys.

teamgreen500

Color Suggestions
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2004, 04:39:24 AM »
Done...I'll be riding some Artic-Cat Snowies in Minn. 'til Sunday (Hey, somebody's gotta fill out those "Rider Reports" for '05 testing...it's a ruff job, but, someone's gotta do it!); But, I'll be all-over this when I get back!

Manny

P.S...Let's talk about the "Plastic Thing" and pick a couple of Lay-Outs and I'll get some ordered. I think I'm gonna involve the KXF and "Some" 125/250s and 200/220s as time goes on...I need to get together with you and bounce those ideas we've been talkin' 'bout into reality...

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Color Suggestions
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2004, 05:14:25 AM »
Done. Talk with you when you get back

kawdude

Color Suggestions
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2004, 10:37:53 AM »
This is great info but the topic is drifting away from what color should I paint my frame.  Pitbull Plastic would be really cool.

rdcjohn

Color Suggestions
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2004, 02:06:14 PM »
I would stick with the silver of the newer frames. Matches green, white and black plastic even blue if you went that route. I sand blasted my subframe and left it raw and like the look of the silver over the green anyday.

mikesmith

Color Suggestions
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2004, 09:53:16 PM »
I say Kawie GREEN or the newer silver,Ive seen black and I dont know it just doesnt look right not having it green.