Author Topic: carving ice...  (Read 4023 times)

GREENCANNON

carving ice...
« on: February 23, 2003, 09:50:36 AM »
picture this....a 1.5 mile TT syle track 20 ft wide plowed on the ice.
2 high speed sweepers 2 hairpins 2 5th gear pinned staightaways and all switchbacks in between.
the bike kx500 with a 15/43 sprocket combo a 178 main jet and and 800 studs precisely placed. timed speeds average 75mph with max speeds hitting over 100 mph...
Any other of you psycho's do anything like this during the winter ??? We've been lucky to have a cold enough winter to freeze the ice thick enough for trucks to drive on..

moburki

carving ice...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 11:41:39 AM »
i'd love to try it! there's nothing that close to roadracing here in utah, unfortunately. where are you at? the dirt sure is good in winter though, and its been in the 50's in the desert.
mo

maicobreako

carving ice...
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2003, 01:27:12 PM »
Sure we do that , up here in Thunder Bay ,ontario  Canada we normally race on a half mile oval, I personally am using a 97 kx 500, which is a popular mount because of its versatile engine ,my scooter is lowered 2 3/4" front and rear , with 15-47 gearing . Hey ,what kind of tires are you running? :D

sdkx500

carving ice...
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2003, 01:53:39 PM »
ice?????  you mean that white stuff we add to our margaritas in california?

:wink:

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
carving ice...
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2003, 03:10:27 PM »
Ditto from Arizona :lol:
Quote from: sdkx500
ice?????  you mean that white stuff we add to our margaritas in california?

:wink:

Z1R

carving ice...
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2003, 12:43:34 AM »
If this winter lasts any longer in upstate NY I'll give-it-a-go. For 15 years we ahven't had a 'real' winter....Then I go and buy the KX and all of the suddent we get multiple 20" or greater snowfalls and lieterally weeks without hitting 20 degrees for a high temperature.

Are riders studding up their own tires or getting Trelleborgs?

Most of the tracks I've seen around here in the past are just simple ovals.   Of course you never see kids playing hockey on ponds around here either.