Author Topic: Auto Clutch!  (Read 12037 times)

mikesmith

Auto Clutch!
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2004, 07:12:01 PM »
Its all about $$$,if there was a 2005 KX500,there would have made the auto clutch.But....!

Kawadougie

KX-500 Clutch Quick Change Cover
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2004, 04:57:55 AM »
Here's a reply from Destry Abbott:
Author  Topic:   KX-500 Clutch Cover  
Doug  posted 7/27/04 12:43 AM        
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Destry, I ride a 2003 KX-500 that I have set up for woods riding and I am getting an EFM auto clutch made up for it. Since the clutch is wider, I have to modify my engine cover. I understand that you have a separate clutch cover on your bike. Do you have a part number for that item or how can I obtain that part?Thanks!  
Destry  posted 7/28/04 3:25 AM        
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doug, We do use the quick change covers on some of our 500's. The guys at Team Green made them, and as far as I know they don't sell them. I would like to be able to help you out here, but I don't think they have that many left. Good Luck! Best Wishes, Destry   :(

Kawadougie

EFM Auto Clutch Update!
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2004, 05:01:31 AM »
I spoke to Garry at EFM yesterday and he is working on my auto clutch assembly.  I've also asked him to make me a custom billet cover for it if it requires more room. :D

mikesmith

Auto Clutch!
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2004, 06:54:07 AM »
Keep us informed!

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
Auto Clutch!
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2004, 10:30:55 PM »
Kawadougie!

How is it with the autoclutch from EFM,any new info..... :wink:
I?m so curios if it works. :twisted:  :twisted:

/doordie
Iceroad champion 2006,still 2007,even 2008 without a single race!

Offline demographic

Re: KX-500 Clutch Quick Change Cover
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2004, 03:08:29 AM »
Quote from: Kawadougie
I have to modify my engine cover. I understand that you have a separate clutch cover on your bike.

As you have now hit a slight stumbling block because the quick change covers are a works only part, how about looking HERE and if this part

s in good condition and off a KX500 of the right year (I know that 88 onwards clutch covers have the same part mumber on buykawasaki.com by the way) you might just be able to get a local engineering firm to machine the side off it then fit a spacer and 250 removable cover onto it, possibly making your bike as trick as a very trick thing and also allowing you to fit a fancy clutch.

I assume that they would have to weld on new bosses for the bolts to go into but it's possible and would mean that working on the clutch would be dead easy.

Regards Scott

Quite tempted myself :)

mikesmith

Auto Clutch!
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2004, 06:19:42 AM »
In Dirt Bike magazine a while back they had a article on rideing the Rockies and a guide service you could use.Well one of the guides rode a KX500 with a auto clutch and the same type of "works" clutch cover Destry has,so with some machine work it can be done.

kawdude

Auto Clutch!
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2004, 01:29:39 PM »
I saw that article also and asked dirtbike for contact information.  They wouldn't give it.

mikesmith

Auto Clutch!
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2004, 07:33:44 PM »
How about contacting the guide service he worked for?