Author Topic: Motor Comparison by Year  (Read 5216 times)

Offline don46

Re: Motor Comparison by Year
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 03:37:36 AM »
I think so. The case needs to have a pilot hole drilled for the power valve idler gear, but I think the rest will work fine. Of course, you will need all of the appropriate parts that are jug-specific....

torch

Yeah, I'm not thinking it is as easy as you think it will be, the cases don't have the area on the 88 cases to just drill the hole, you would have to build the area and then machine it smooth. I could be wrong, but I think I looked once before for someone that actually was thinking of doing the same thing, the 88 cylinder will work on the 89 and newer cases.
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline cutting torch

Re: Motor Comparison by Year
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 06:29:22 AM »
I think so. The case needs to have a pilot hole drilled for the power valve idler gear, but I think the rest will work fine. Of course, you will need all of the appropriate parts that are jug-specific....

torch

Yeah, I'm not thinking it is as easy as you think it will be, the cases don't have the area on the 88 cases to just drill the hole, you would have to build the area and then machine it smooth. I could be wrong, but I think I looked once before for someone that actually was thinking of doing the same thing, the 88 cylinder will work on the 89 and newer cases.

You may be right. I can't find a good enough picture of an '89 up case to have a good idea of where I would have to build it up.

As for the welding and machining, I can do that. Harder than drilling a hole, though!

torch