Author Topic: Thanks for the warm welcome  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Viston

Thanks for the warm welcome
« on: January 30, 2009, 05:55:52 AM »
Viston checking in with you all from Lake Havasu City, I have browsed around the site a few times and decided to join up! I currently am riding a 02 500 while my 2nd oldest son has a 02 250 and the youngest has just stepped up to a 05 85 all KX.... Go Green. I am the automotive / welding instructor at the high school here; we teach all types of M/C repair, anything that gains my student?s interest is welcome at the shop. Only requirement it must have an internal combustion engine.

We will be looking forward to learning new tricks and helping whenever I can. Keep it pinned.

Pappa Stizzle

PS anyone else dissapointed that Kawaski did not sign up Bubba? I cannot stand to see a color other than green be on the podium! kick it in gear Vilopoto make Bubba pay!

Offline dsrtrider

Re: Thanks for the warm welcome
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 08:01:25 AM »
welcome.  lots of great kx500 info here.  i agree about bubba.  no brand loyalty anymore like back when jeff ward was around.
current bike 2007 ktm 300 xc-w - keeping two strokes alive
1994 kx500 -sold-made me the man i am today

1990 kx500-sold
1982 kx250-sold
1979 rm125-sold
1978 kdx125 -sold
1977 xr75 - first bike

Offline GDubb

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 09:31:46 AM »
Welcome!... I felt the same way about Carmichael. How do these guys end up where they are thanks to Kawi and then jump ship when they hit the big time? Oh well.... I'm still a big fan of both though.

-G
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

Offline KX500freak

• KX500 - Have a Wheelie good weekend
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 11:28:33 AM »
Viston checking in with you all from Lake Havasu City, I have browsed around the site a few times and decided to join up! I currently am riding a 02 500 while my 2nd oldest son has a 02 250 and the youngest has just stepped up to a 05 85 all KX.... Go Green. I am the automotive / welding instructor at the high school here; we teach all types of M/C repair, anything that gains my student?s interest is welcome at the shop. Only requirement it must have an internal combustion engine.

We will be looking forward to learning new tricks and helping whenever I can. Keep it pinned.

Pappa Stizzle

PS anyone else dissapointed that Kawaski did not sign up Bubba? I cannot stand to see a color other than green be on the podium! kick it in gear Vilopoto make Bubba pay!

welcome pappa stizzle !!

i like the fact you are teaching kids technical stuff,did you bring your k5 often to school??
have a great time here and your boys too 8-)
Dutch Team Green 91-94-01 KX500

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 05:16:04 AM »
 Welcome V & Sons,
 Must be nice to be able to ride year round!
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline Viston

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 04:11:56 AM »
The riding season is quite long, in the summer it can get quite brutal; you must go early morning. Many times during the hottest part of the year it is already 100 degrees by 6am. Good thing this only lasts about one month out of the year. The rest of the year is awesome.  The terrain is a mix between rock and sand. Not much good dirt like other places around the country.