Author Topic: Up and running again.  (Read 1667 times)

Offline wreck-n-roll rik

Up and running again.
« on: October 26, 2008, 12:08:39 PM »
Well wanted to give an update on the bike.  It has been down the past two weeks, it started with needing to replace the clutch but I must have ocd because once in out of the weather the whole thing came apart.  The sub-fram rebuilt and stregthen; new radator and gaurds, new base and head gaskets (piston and rings have 5 hrs on them), EBC clutch and steel plates, KIPs mod (great!!!), Carb and slide set (by the chart, much better), replaced airbox  (sealed it up with all the water up here) and new filter.  Supension sag currectly so I can start dialing it in.

Ooo, the engine was completely cleaned out thanks to my son's dog, Willy, who raised a leg while engine was open and on the floor (call it comlete cleaning :).  Well I got it all back together and out for ride before the snow hit.  What a different ride, more power, better handeling... Great site with alots of information to help a guy out.  Still want to get real lights - have a bike light at this time and it is getting dark quick here.   :-D

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
Re: Up and running again.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 02:14:04 AM »
 Great !  Now everyone will know your performance secret. " The Willy Cleaning"    All the factory teams will be applying the secret cleaning method, performance gains will shoot through the roof. New records will be set and the dyno's will be maxxed out.
  Got to keep those secrets to your self from now on.
  John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.