Author Topic: Position Clutch and Brake Levers  (Read 1690 times)

Offline kiwikx500

Position Clutch and Brake Levers
« on: October 12, 2008, 07:16:46 PM »
Currently sitting at "4 O Clock" if looking at the end of each bar square on.

Brake lever was in that position when I got the bike, I'm use to just having the levers parallel with the bars.
Guess it all comes down to personal choice, does it help to keep the elbows up more to having levers lower ?

How do the levers sit when off the factory floor ?

Kiwi

1990 KX 500

Offline tharden

Re: Position Clutch and Brake Levers
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 01:09:03 AM »
Lever positioning is a personal choice in my opinion, but a good bit on info that I learned from my cousin may help.  He told me not to over tighten the leavers so when you fall the leavers will move and not break, and it has saved them.

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 01:47:02 AM »
Yes on the personal choice.  Same with "from the factory" because the bikes come in a crate partially dismantled.  The employee that sets up the bike sets them the way he likes.  I run mine at about 4 o'clock.  Lots of people run them level with the ground.  For me that puts my wrist at an odd angle.  With a K5 you want them at the angel that's best for "hang'n on".
KX 500 Rider

Offline kiwikx500

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 08:13:18 AM »
Cheerz guys, will leave them at 4 o'clock  :-) Ta for the reminder on keeping them loose  :mrgreen:

Out for a BlllaaaassstT today, crank seal fixed, front spokes re-done etc, be first time I've been riding without hopefully having to worry about anything  :-) "Big Up's" to Alan the gentlemen who couriered me crankcases to down-under from Texas. K5 would be still sitting in the garage if it was not for him, will be thinking of you when pinning it today.  :-)

Kiwi
1990 KX 500