Author Topic: KX500 TOP END REBUILD  (Read 4775 times)

Offline monster malibu

KX500 TOP END REBUILD
« on: September 08, 2008, 12:03:16 PM »
Hey guys, I just wanted to tell ya I got my KX500 top end back from Stewart and it was perfect!!!! Stewart tore down my top end, had it renikasiled by max power, laped the head mating surface, included gaskets needed to reassemble, and sent me a modded kx500 piston. All this work was done in under 3 weeks, this guy knows his stuff and is real cool to deal with. All my future work will be sent only to Stewart.
Thanks for the AWESOME job Stewart, my bike is running great!

stewart

Re: KX500 TOP END REBUILD
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 01:31:24 PM »
thanks for the kind words ..i enjoy working on k5 anything,,,,,ps the piston we cut the same time we cut yours set all 3 500cc stock frame class records at bonniville last week in a moter i just finished ..

Offline BDI

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 02:04:01 PM »
 :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

stewart

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 02:33:14 PM »
more smiles coming soon bdi  ,,, 117 in stock 132.4 in moddifed and no more  racing honda in the lead,,,and thats a fact
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 10:16:40 AM by stewart »

Offline Arigato

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 02:55:39 PM »
more smiles coming soon bdi  ,,, 117 in stock 132.4 in moddifed and no more  f2 racing honda in the lead,,,and thats a fact

Daaayaaam! :mrgreen: Nice job man!

Offline mysnykkx500

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 05:40:37 AM »
 I think I will have Stewart do all my work from now on...My local shop has had my motor for over a month and they say they r still waiting to get the jug back from the machinest just the jug resleaving is 300$ plus 160$ for the stock piston kit I am really getting tired of waiting they charged me 100$ to take the motor apart and I do not know how much to put it back together I took them my swingarm and linkage for bearings (which I already had) and here it is a week later and still not done.. They said they broke two of my bearings and r waiting for a replacement set from Kawa. :x
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 11:56:02 AM by mysnykkx500 »
Tim

stewart

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 06:02:52 AM »
what  work are they diong for 3 hundred ,,, the cylinder jug itself or head i hope there replating not sleaveing the jug

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 08:42:45 AM »
Stewart thanks for the windowed piston, KIPS bolt, and other mod suggestions. My KX500 has way more low end torque than stock. Rear wheel hookup on trails is key to a sweet ride. You the Man.

ID KX500
"Endeavor to persevere."

stewart

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 09:20:26 AM »
Stewart thanks for the windowed piston, KIPS bolt, and other mod suggestions. My KX500 has way more low end torque than stock. Rear wheel hookup on trails is key to a sweet ride. You the Man.

ID KX500
thanks idkx 500,,,, im really glad that you liked that  stuff  ,,this is a great web page for the k5 group to hang out

Offline mysnykkx500

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 11:50:27 AM »
They r resleaving the jug. It was already sleaved when i got the k5 I was not told of any other option..Why is that bad??should I find a new jug? they said when I get done It should last me as long as I keep the bike as long as I keep the air filter clean Finally went by the shop today they got my jug back still waiting on a couple parts can't wait to ride
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 11:58:10 AM by mysnykkx500 »
Tim

stewart

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 12:13:19 PM »
i have better luck with the cylinders plated from max power  ...stock plate jobs are to thin ..those cylinders were not made to be sleaved in my opionion  ,,,if you do not warm the engine up for a while, on a cold start it will sometimes have a problems

Offline mysnykkx500

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 12:21:37 PM »
Does max power sell the whole jug or do you  send them a regular jug and they plate it??
Tim

Offline ZAR

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 06:36:47 AM »
Stewart, I hear alot of good things about your "windowed" pistons, have you got any pics? I've never heard of this before and I'm curious. Also , in your opinion what are the pros/cons of plating vrs  sleeveing?

stewart

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 06:48:37 AM »
go to the thread called ,,,one thing that makes sense  for more  power ,,,, dont sleeve it have it have ....max power ...replate it

stewart

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 06:50:05 AM »
Does max power sell the whole jug or do you  send them a regular jug and they plate it??
send them your jug they replate it