Author Topic: to remove forever the valve KIPS  (Read 4432 times)

peppe70rs

to remove forever the valve KIPS
« on: September 07, 2008, 09:18:16 PM »

hello to all boys ..... I decided to permanently remove the valve KIPS and all its parts.
How do? What precisely delete?
I explained step by step what to do?
Thanks to all of you infinitely :wink:

Offline KXcam22

Re: to remove forever the valve KIPS
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 02:31:03 AM »
Peppe,
  What is the advantage of removing the KIPS?  I can understand a bit more top end power but I would think that the overall effect on the power delivery would make acceleration out of SM corners more difficult to keep traction.  Cam.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 03:19:38 AM »
Peppe,
  What is the advantage of removing the KIPS?  I can understand a bit more top end power but I would think that the overall effect on the power delivery would make acceleration out of SM corners more difficult to keep traction.  Cam.

I fail to see any advantage doing this as the cylinder block is designed around the KIPS, unless there is a complete plan on redesigning the ports completely. I found the KIPS to be helpful in doing drags, hillclimbs, sand, mud, & single tracking. I tinkered with riding with/without the kips along with riding with it wide-open and did not like the effects it had down low, a real hassle with the jetting, and just a pain in the ass in general.

Offline KX500freak

• KX500 - Have a Wheelie good weekend
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 03:57:18 AM »
with other words ,is the kips broken ?? peppe?
and you do not know anymore to fix it good?

take it to a good mx dealer ,he makes it good for you sure.
and riding with no kips is riding a dead horse  :|

come on my italian friend ,what did you smoke  :mrgreen:
Dutch Team Green 91-94-01 KX500

peppe70rs

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 05:32:43 AM »
Peppe,
my dear friend, I decided to remove the valve because, even at this moment, the bike runs as the valve always open because it is blocked ....... unfortunately here from me there is a good mechanic able to throw everything in its place and in a manner perfect.
Both finally eliminate it applies.
Also add that I only use the bike on the track and road motard ..... do not absolutely off, so I'm not serving at all costs driven down.
Thank you for thought KXcam  :wink:

peppe70rs

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 05:37:21 AM »

As soon as I can (maybe tomorrow) do a video of the state in which it resides. Reports 14-44 and wheels from 17

Offline BDI

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 06:41:32 AM »
You know I laugh at texting on cell phones It seems so backwards to me. Could you imagine if for years and years all you could do was type messages on your cell phone and then one day some one announced that they had developed a phone you could actually talk on. People would be astounded, It would be just like the telephone was to the to the telegraph or like the exhauste valve was to the two stroke. Who knows maybe nonpower valve two strokes will make a comeback, bell bottom pants did :| who would have seen that coming. :?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 06:48:37 AM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline KX500freak

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 06:53:38 AM »
yeah kawi,s mx development/research departement back in 1988 had done their homework well.
if not ,kips wouldn,t be on it as designed back in 88.

so i say you should repair it instead of rippin it off.

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 06:56:40 AM »
 You can talk on a cell phone ? Where can I buy some bell bottom pants ?  Are air cooled dirt bikes coming back ?  Next think you know they will have internet on computor!
 Peppe70rs, I wish you well with your conversion.
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline KX500freak

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 07:00:00 AM »
 :-D :-D

Offline wreck-n-roll rik

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 08:31:14 AM »
I'm new to the K500 but I do know a thing about power valves on 2 strokes - They are not a thing of the past but still very much so alive today and still being developed.  First I come more from the sledding side of 2 strokes (recently 4 stroke) and modern sleds with 2 strokes run power valves in performance engines, they work to develop a smoth powerful power band, adding hp.  They do require mataince, like any performce motor but alot of that can be done with good fuel, good oil and oil:fuel ratio - also run cleaners in my fuels to cut down on deposites on the valves.  It's like ordering a car with a turbo and then disconecting it.  Just my thoughts

peppe70rs

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 01:07:18 PM »
I read all your answers, but honestly I did not understand your good advice. Unfortunately, as some of you know (kx500freak and kxcam) I use the online translator to write and to read your answers ..... but not always the translator makes me understand the meaning of your answers ...... :oops:

Question: but the second you my kx be much less removing the valve? And now that lap with the valve always open? QUualcuno time ago I saw the video and even told me that was better to me that for himself ..... :-o

stewart

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 01:22:39 PM »
i would leave the kips in there ...they run better

peppe70rs

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 08:29:57 PM »
i would leave the kips in there ...they run better

I also let, but perfectly functional. At this moment it is as if there was. I do not know how he did it to lock the old owner to make it more manageable .... had also closed the regulation of the air carburetor at means turn and put 15-44
Here's a picture of KIPS always open