Author Topic: Perocoset Withdrawals (RE: Broken Collarbone)  (Read 2326 times)

Offline TheGDog

Perocoset Withdrawals (RE: Broken Collarbone)
« on: July 29, 2008, 06:46:30 PM »
About two nights ago I (foolishly) decided I was gonna stop my meds, BOOM, cold-turkey.  My desire being to hurry the bone re-generation process.  Doc was telling me (and I've since confirmed it with Internet research) that to a small degree, being on pain meds, Ibuprofen definitely... and even to a small degree Tylenol.. slow down the re-growth in the fracture site.

Well... jones'ing as I am to get back on "The Beast" and take flight across the Desert floor... I decided that the pain had subsided enough after my surgery that it was tolerable to just handle with Tylenol.

I was on Percoset 325mg x 2 every 4 hrs.  Along with Carisoprodol (Soma) at 350mg every 6 hrs.

Long-Story Short... DO NOT STOP COLD-TURKEY with opiates such as Percoset (-aka- OXYCODONE).  If you get the idea in mind to get off them like I have... BACK IT DOWN SLOWLY!!  Taper-off your dosage before you finally stop.  Trust me.. you'll be glad you did.

Do a Google search for "Percoset withdrawal" or "opiate withdrawal" and read the symptoms.

NOT FUN!

and d**n MAN... I was only using for 1 month!  Can't imagine horrendous it must feel for a hard-core abuser to stop!

Apparently it has to do with your body responding to the absence of the meds with a huge surge of Norepinephrine.
'97 PC800 + '96 KX 500 + '90 KDX 200 + 2000 XR50R (for the lil guy!)

Offline Platypus

• Platypus Racing
Re: Perocoset Withdrawals (RE: Broken Collarbone)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »
Drugs are bad mmmkay.

Offline TheGDog

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 05:31:14 PM »
Drugs are bad mmmkay.

While that statement may have some merit... I gotta tell ya.  It feels pretty d**n good when the 2 Percoset and 1 Soma start to come on like a beautiful up-lifting symphony that gently makes you exhale softly as the frown blissfully curls into a sublime grin  :-)

Offline don46

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 05:23:28 PM »
That seems like an awful long drug regime for a broken collarbone. I hate drugs, ocassionally I'll take an aspirin, can't remember last time I took anything stronger than advil. And yes I've had broken bones, many.
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline TheGDog

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 07:29:47 PM »
The pain meds were for dealing with the pain from the surgery to put a plate and some screws in there to fixate the left clavicle.

You don't like drugs?  Well.... I guess you're blessed with great health then.

I have pretty decent health... but I had rheumatic fever as a kid so my joints can hurt more than other peoples so I'm kinda used to taking NSAIDS on a dialy basis.

You know... God gave us all the seed-bearing plants and herbs to use.  The key is... it's our duty to do so with prudence and discernment.

Offline Platypus

• Platypus Racing
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 01:29:34 PM »
The drugs are bad mmmmkay is from South Park.  Mr. Mackey is the school guidance counselor and he says that.

Now I am very oppionated when it comes to pharmaceuticals and this is only my opinion....to each his own.  Sorry but your reference to giving us all the seed bearing plants and what not.  I read about half the bible and never came across that statement but anyway.  Percoset is not a seed bearing plant or herb.  Pharmaceuticals are full of man made chemicals.  I hate pharmaceuticals and the companies that manufacture them because they have become too d**n big and out of control.  I now have to worry about my kids watching a commercial on this sleep aid and that male enhancement pill and whatever else they throw at them.  When you think about it seeing that crap COULD and it's a big COULD, you never know, impact decisions they make in the future regarding this man made bulls**t they keep finding "diseases" for.  If we never knew about ADD nobody would give a flying f*** about it and parents wouldn't be putting their kids on some crazy chemical pill to "control" it.  Who benefits there?  Lazy teachers that don't want to deal with kids?  The drug company?  The doctor you had to go see to have it prescribed?  The insurance company the kids parents and parents companies pay?  We know enough about humans and human nature to fabricate marketing campaigns aimed at your specific ailment.  I just saw some comedian the other day on TV and he stole my bit about the drug companies just coming up with new ailments until they find one you have and you run out and buy their magical solution to it.

I am in no way saying you should not take pain meds , it's your choice and they don't really fall into the categories of stuff I was talking about above.  But you can't refer to them as seed bearing plants or herbs.   :-)

***BTW why is this in the 500 forum?  hehe
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 01:32:04 PM by Platypus »

Offline GDubb

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 01:41:36 PM »
You guys are right. Drugs are very, very, very bad for you. Any and all of them.  You should send all your narcotic pain releavers, seed bearing plants and the like to ME so I can dispose of them in a responsible manner.  :evil:  :-D

-G
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

Offline TheGDog

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 03:59:57 PM »
You guys are right. Drugs are very, very, very bad for you. Any and all of them.  You should send all your narcotic pain releavers, seed bearing plants and the like to ME so I can dispose of them in a responsible manner.  :evil:  :-D

-G

HAHA..!!!  You da man GDubb!

GDubb and GDog is up in 'dis biatch! WHOOT!!  WHOOOOOOOT!!!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 06:01:09 AM by TheGDog »