Author Topic: my bucket list  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Kawasakinut

• s#@t plus two equals eight
my bucket list
« on: June 23, 2008, 02:40:22 PM »

well i just rented an excellent movie and it inspired me to do something. this movie was called the "bucket list" with morgan freeman and jack nicholson. if anyone is  unaware a bucket list is a
list of things that you would like to accomplish before you die. i thought it would be cool to hear some of the things you guys might
post because we have the common bond of motorcycling!!!

so my list as it stands is

1.) find a career i can be happy in the heart with
2.) skydive
4.) enter one mx race or more
5.) meet the love of my life
6.) own my own home with a 2 car garage lol. (got to have a garage)

8.) repel out of a helicopter
9.) base jump
10.) visit germany, north carolina and fort bragg  as a civilian
11.) 2.) visit france and the eifel tower
13.) run a musclecar down a dragstrip at least once
14.) own a mercedes amg (not for materialistic reasons but because i love the engineering)
15.) serve in the US Army
16.) snorkeling ( i lived in hawaii for 3 years and never have been).
17.) fishing in alaska/ also see an old army buddy and shoot the breeze
18.) knee boarding in kansas
19.) snowmobiling
20.) jetsking         
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 04:18:57 PM by Kawasakinut »
htpp://www.youtube.com/jimvpa

Offline bigbellybob

Re: my bucket list
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 05:06:39 AM »
i would really like to retire before i die
and see my kids graduate
IF RIDING IS OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL RIDE

sponsor
http://www.steelmx.com/

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 11:17:06 AM »
 I have been working on my bucket list for eleven and a half years. I see you have been working on it for 190 days.
  I do have my own house and garage, I am very grateful.
  I do have my KX500, and grateful it hasnt killed me.
 I just finished a four year restoration of my Isetta,grateful to own it and be finished.       
  I do have a Mighty Mite M422, very very rare.                                                          I would like to restore a Corvair Rampside Pickup.
  I would like to restore a Lotus Europa.
  I would like to parachute once. ( successfully )
   I do think that happiness comes from within and it is a by product of right living.
   Each day I try to make decisions that promote my goals.
  I hope you and all others can achieve these dreams, no matter what they are.
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline Kawasakinut

• s#@t plus two equals eight
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 01:40:29 PM »
I have been working on my bucket list for eleven and a half years. I see you have been working on it for 190 days.
  I do have my own house and garage, I am very grateful.
  I do have my KX500, and grateful it hasnt killed me.
 I just finished a four year restoration of my Isetta,grateful to own it and be finished.       
  I do have a Mighty Mite M422, very very rare.                                                          I would like to restore a Corvair Rampside Pickup.
  I would like to restore a Lotus Europa.
  I would like to parachute once. ( successfully )
   I do think that happiness comes from within and it is a by product of right living.
   Each day I try to make decisions that promote my goals.
  I hope you and all others can achieve these dreams, no matter what they are.
parachute sucessfully lol. i'm going to be able to cross that on off pretty soon (hopefully) please wish me luck. haha
htpp://www.youtube.com/jimvpa

stewart

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 03:15:58 PM »
mine is ....figure out  how to make more horsepower  from  my k5  and hope to live long enough riding it to see my daughter grow up
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 03:17:44 PM by stewart »

Offline k5abuser

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 03:41:06 PM »
to live long enough to test and abuse stewarts horse power mods and see if there are any week spots. non yet . but i keep trying.
race gas is fast but Q16 hauls azz.i still ride because i am not ready to have been that fast. i ride a kx500 because they don't make a kx600!ck k5abuser on youtube

Offline gwcrim

• http://profiles.yahoo.com/gwcrim
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 01:48:53 AM »
I did the skydiving thing.  Broke my ankle.  Won't do that again.

I want to see grandkids and I want to retire.  Both are a long way off.
~Crim~
You raise the blade
You make the change
You rearrange me 'til I'm sane

Offline KX500freak

• KX500 - Have a Wheelie good weekend
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 02:09:52 AM »
i have a bucket ,but no list...

got 5 bikes
2 cars

and i,m not materialistic,since i builded 3 out of 5  bikes myself.
and both cars i build myself too.

Dutch Team Green 91-94-01 KX500

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 05:50:21 AM »
 I forgot to include that I would like to visit Bonneville on speed week,and I would like to drive something all over the Glamis Dunes ( without getting lost ) Here in Michigan we have a smaller and cleaner version of Glamis called Silver Lake Dunes.
  John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline gwcrim

• http://profiles.yahoo.com/gwcrim
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 01:15:00 AM »
I forgot to include that I would like to visit Bonneville on speed week,and I would like to drive something all over the Glamis Dunes ( without getting lost ) Here in Michigan we have a smaller and cleaner version of Glamis called Silver Lake Dunes.
  John

I've been fortunate to have climbed most of the mountains I've wanted to.  I got to compete at Bonneville in three different events and was even more fortunate to have bagged two records personally.  We ran a 1650cc Sportster that went 180 MPH.  We even won the motorcycle point championship at Maxton under the East Coast Timing Association in 2002.  What a feeling to have a bike w/the #1 plate!

I'd LOVE to ride Glamis or any of the wild west.  I've yet to ski out west.  I have a couple of pals that ride the dunes in Michigan.  Maybe someday I can get there at least.
~Crim~
You raise the blade
You make the change
You rearrange me 'til I'm sane

Offline bigbellybob

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 05:51:22 AM »
i got to add i would love to restore a 1981 ktm 495.

sponsor
http://www.steelmx.com/

Offline TheGDog

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 10:02:01 PM »
Well... I actually have a child now... which is something I had a great fear would not happen after I left wife #1 of 10 years (which she really was a good woman) to marry #2 (psycho b!tch from heLL)... only to have #2 (who was one hell of a ride sexually speaking) eventually decide she wasn't happy in the relationship (which meant she wasn't the shot-caller) and (it's my opinion) that she wanted a guy making a salary with at least 6 decimal places to the LEFT of the decimal point.  So there I was dumped on my ass at age 34.

Dating, dating, dating, awesome conquests, wild stuff... got involved with someone whose divorce was not final... got my heart CRUSHED when they decided to make amends for the sake of the children.

Well... I woke up the next day after having told God the night before that if he didn't have plans for me to meet someone that he could simply stop my breathing and take me away and I wouldn't be mad. And since I woke up, I figured that's my sign.

Weird series of events... but long story short met a gorgeous lady who'd been single about the same amount of time from the end of my 1st marriage to that point in which she and I met.  I was quickly terse and to-the-point with her and quickly made known my intention of desiring a child, she said she wanted to have a child but had mentally sort of written it off in her head that it might not happen.  We met when I was 36 and she was 37 so we'd have to get crackin' if we were gonna have a child.  Also she had some long standing Gyno issues that needed painful surgery to correct.  Anyhoo suffice it to say that my unin with her and us now having a child had not only a lot of cosmic timing involved... but a lot of personal sacrifice.

So now that my son Connor is in the picture, here are some goals and rules...

I want to make myself financially independent so as not to be a burden on him in my old age.
I must keep up my fitness and health so I can rough-house with him like he deserves.
My rule is... he can't drive a car until he passes me in the desert on dirt-bikes and makes me look like I'm tied to a pole.  I learned to ride dirt 1st before anything else and it has saved my life numerous times.
I wanna be able to give him fatherly advice. A resource I never really had after age 10.
I want to dump as much of my own knowledge as I can into his head before I start getting old and dingy in the head.
I want to teach him all the Mac-Skillz I've developed over the years. (Think I'm lyin? You try getting a 3rd women to marry you! Skillz! ;)

'97 PC800 + '96 KX 500 + '90 KDX 200 + 2000 XR50R (for the lil guy!)