Author Topic: dammmm them o9 kxfs are bling  (Read 10865 times)

Offline kiwimonster

dammmm them o9 kxfs are bling
« on: June 20, 2008, 09:41:54 AM »
 :mrgreen:   holy cow batman. the monster energy 450 makes me want to go and buy one.  fuel injection and all .   best looking bikes out there.
d c scrivens

jazg

Re: dammmm them o9 kxfs are bling
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 09:01:28 PM »
the monster energy graphics work so well with the kx's hey! and dont even talk to me about fuel injection! i want i want!  :evil: man i  love a black bike, check this baby out!

Offline BDI

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 06:41:17 PM »
You know what I'm thinking :evil: I think that the 09 kx450 would be the perfect bike to do the kx500 engine swap. Could you imagine having a kx500 two stroke with an aluminum frame and electronic fuel injection. Did you know that the throttle body on the 09 is 43mm  8-). Do the engine swap put an aftermarket programer on it and go straight to the dyno  :wink:.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 06:42:52 PM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline BDI

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 01:40:43 PM »
Did you guys hear what I said :? We could have a kx500 with EFI. That's not just dreaming That sh-t could realy happen.

Offline kiwimonster

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »
hey bdi we couldnt do that then there would be no jetting post eh, good idea though. do you think it wouls smooth out the k5 power. :lol:
d c scrivens

Offline don46

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 03:45:19 AM »
You know what I'm thinking :evil: I think that the 09 kx450 would be the perfect bike to do the kx500 engine swap. Could you imagine having a kx500 two stroke with an aluminum frame and electronic fuel injection. Did you know that the throttle body on the 09 is 43mm  8-). Do the engine swap put an aftermarket programer on it and go straight to the dyno  :wink:.

Brian, your always thinking outside the box  :-D way to go. So now I'm thinking can I use a 450 ignition in the 500 motor and utilize the FI, if it's at all like the current 450 ignition, I think it would work. Can you imagine the top end with the 43 mm throttle body? throw a power commander on there and you'd be set.
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline BDI

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 11:47:03 AM »

Brian, your always thinking outside the box  :-D way to go. So now I'm thinking can I use a 450 ignition in the 500 motor and utilize the FI, if it's at all like the current 450 ignition, I think it would work. Can you imagine the top end with the 43 mm throttle body? throw a power commander on there and you'd be set.

Yea and then we could stick an aerodyne variable pitch turbo where the air box is suposed to be and have a sweet blow through system.

Offline bigbellybob

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 09:56:45 AM »
no need for the power commander. you could micro squirt it and make a bar mount for a laptop and the tuning would be endless. no more jetting threads but map threads would start popping up.
IF RIDING IS OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL RIDE

sponsor
http://www.steelmx.com/

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 04:12:22 AM »

Why don't use honda's new crf450 "carb", its 50MM :-o to make your spacerocket!!!!
Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline tharden

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 02:25:16 AM »
I wish I had that aluminum frame on my K-5. 

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 02:40:37 AM »
(on the phone)Hello AJ, here's what we're thinking...

Hello Stewart, whaddya think... :evil:(off the phone, working mad overtime!)

I really like that bike, but without the "M" stickers.  I'm not a fan of things like that Monster Energy endorsement.  I just want a nice Black/Green KX5 with an aluminum frame, and fuel injection would be awesome!!!

Offline don46

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 03:41:59 AM »
Picked up the new 09 and pretty sweet bike, starts so easy, but, I can't get past the tinny sounding exhaust, wondering if maybe it's not to lean, course if it is not much I can do anyway, well at least until the programmers become available. More to come.

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 04:40:18 AM »
And how is that Green 09 bike from Japan??
Do you already now how you can adjust the Injection or ignition????
with a USB cable and notebook???????

dutchie
Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline BDI

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 12:47:05 PM »
I went to my local kawi dealer today to see them and they don't have any yet :x. Don are you thinking about K5n it, I know you have been taking measurments and eyeballing fitment. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: MMMMMM fuel injected KX500 with aluminum frame MMMMMMMMMMM :wink:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:32:25 PM by BDI »

Offline don46

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 02:58:06 AM »
I went to my local kawi dealer today to see them and they don't have any yet :x. Don are you thinking about K5n it, I know you have been taking measurments and eyeballing fitment. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: MMMMMM fuel injected KX500 with aluminum frame MMMMMMMMMMM :wink:

At this point I'm just going to ride it, but the fuelie 500 probably isn't that far off. The software to remap isn't available yet probably need to figure that out before moving on. As it stands I think the bike is a bit lean, it has a tinny exhaust sound.

Anyway here are the pictures of the electronics you were looking for.