Author Topic: dammmm them o9 kxfs are bling  (Read 10854 times)

kxkid

Re: dammmm them o9 kxfs are bling
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2008, 06:55:47 AM »
I am waiting for mine to come in at my dealer. I have a few questions. How much of the 08 stuff will fit on this bike??? Like plastics, protection for desert racing and stuff like that. I need to get a head start on buying stuff to get it ready for the 09 racing season.

Offline don46

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 02:54:41 PM »
the only plastic is the front fender and I haven't tried it but everything else is different. Muffler is different, the head pipe would work. Skid plate might fit, don't know, what specifically did you have in mind?
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 01:42:24 AM »
Maybe I'm just old school, but all those electronics don't look very waterproof or "100ft tripple and case it" proof. I could be wrong, but anyhow, I'm look forword to the trials and articles on this bike, I'm pretty settled with my old 2 smoke YZ, but might give a KXF a try after some of the bugs are worked out in the next year.

kxkid

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 03:16:29 AM »
the only plastic is the front fender and I haven't tried it but everything else is different. Muffler is different, the head pipe would work. Skid plate might fit, don't know, what specifically did you have in mind?

I am not worried bout muffler and head pip FMF already has em for the 09. I am more worried about protection like skid plates frame guards and stuff like the to make the bike desert combat ready. Also what year wheels will fit on the bike??? I need to get a 18 rear and another front.